Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 19, 2018 Author Paid Members Posted April 19, 2018 On 17/04/2018 at 5:58 PM, Merzbow said: If you like Deafheaven and Alcest etc then you'll dig these, pretty sure they'll be the next big thing in untrve black metal. yeh thats very Deafheaven-y, i like the sound of it. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 19, 2018 Posted April 19, 2018 Pallbearer have announced some dates for July: July 16th: London - Islington Assembly Hall July 17th: Glasgow- Stereo July 18th: Leeds - Brudenell Social Club July 19th: Bristol- Fleece they then head out around mainland Europe before heading beck to play Bloodstock on August 12th Quote
Merzbow Posted April 19, 2018 Posted April 19, 2018 Sleep have just announced a new album called The Sciences, it's out tomorrow, 4/20.. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 20, 2018 Posted April 20, 2018 Blaze Bayley is on today’s episode of Talk Is Jericho. I’m expecting it to be a very Iron Maiden-heavy interview, but hopefully he does touch upon his solo work too. I’m been a massive fan of Blaze for years and always felt he got a rough deal with that period in Iron Maiden’s history from fans. His first two solo albums (‘SiliconMessiah’ and ‘Tenth Dimension’) are fantastic pieces of work Quote
cobra_gordo Posted April 20, 2018 Posted April 20, 2018 15 hours ago, Merzbow said: Sleep have just announced a new album called The Sciences, it's out tomorrow, 4/20.. New Melvins out today too, probably for the same reason. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted April 30, 2018 Posted April 30, 2018 https://edition.cnn.com/style/amp/cnnphotos-heavy-metal-botswana/index.html?__twitter_impression=true Thought this was pretty cool. A style article on metal fans in Botswana. I hope one of the bands they love play there, that would be ace. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 30, 2018 Posted April 30, 2018 Necronomidol, a weird little Idol-Metal group from Japan are touring here in June and yes I'm going to see them. It should be.. interesting. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 European leg of Slayer's final headline tour has been announced this morning. Slayer, Lamb Of God, Anthrax and Obituary. Was expecting we'd get shafted with shit supports but I'm chuffed with that. Quote
lightningxlock Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 Anybody heading to the Menzingers/Lagwagon/The Lawrence Arms/The Flatliners/The Lillingtons supershow in London. I like/love pretty much all of those bands to one degree or another. Excited to see The Lawrence Arms, slept on them for years but been loving the hell out of them recently. Quote
lightningxlock Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 Ralphy, Lagwagon are a little bit of a blind spot for me aside from hearing a song here or there. What would you recommend album-wise? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 (edited) Slayer have announced the U.K. dates of their “final” European tour, support on all shows comes from Lamb of God, Anthrax and Obituary, so it’s going to be a hell of a night out. Tickets on sale next Friday 9am: Nov 1st: Dublin - 3Arena Nov 3rd: London - Wembley Arena Nov 5th: Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena Nov 7th: Birmingham - BCA Nov 9th: Manchester - Arena Nov 10th: Newcastle - Metro Radio Arena Nov 12th: Glasgow - Hydro SSE Edited May 11, 2018 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 11, 2018 Author Paid Members Posted May 11, 2018 9 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Slayer have announced the U.K. dates of their “final” European tour, support on all shows comes from Lamb of God, Anthrax and Obituary, so it’s going to be a hell of a night out. Tickets on sale next Friday 9am: Nov 1st: Dublin - 3Arena Nov 3rd: London - Wembley Arena Nov 5th: Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena Nov 7th: Birmingham - BCA Nov 9th: Manchester - Arena Nov 10th: Newcastle - Metro Radio Arena Nov 12th: Glasgow - Hydro SSE i'll be going, i can't be missing that. I'm not overly sad about Slayer bowing out, they've put out some brilliant albums in later part of their careers but it does feel like the right time. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 11, 2018 Author Paid Members Posted May 11, 2018 2 hours ago, lightningxlock said: Ralphy, Lagwagon are a little bit of a blind spot for me aside from hearing a song here or there. What would you recommend album-wise? Most would recommend Hoss or Double Plaidinum. I've always had a soft spot for Blaze though. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 8 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: i'll be going, i can't be missing that. I'm not overly sad about Slayer bowing out, they've put out some brilliant albums in later part of their careers but it does feel like the right time. I see how I’m feeling closer to the time. I’m always sceptical about so called farewell tours, and I’m still a bit sour on them from when I last saw them at Bloodstock a couple of years ago were I felt they really phoned it in. With the dates they’ve announced though (there are mainland Europe running into December), the majority are one night on followed by the next night off, so this could well be it though, and it’s about time too. I agree they have put out some good stuff later in their career, but they’re still very much paint by numbers Slayer albums Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 11, 2018 Author Paid Members Posted May 11, 2018 i loved it at Bloodstock, i was pissed as a bollock though and just cut loose, it was a good time. I don't feel they phone it in either although many say that, it's more down to Tom Araya not moving, it gives off the impression that he can't be fucked but he doesn't headbang for a reason, i see what you're saying though. Slayer's show in Plymouth i saw on the Repentless tour was probably my favorite time seeing them too. Have to disagree about the albums too ? I think the general consensus when anyone lists Slayer records is to list Reign in Blood, Seasons in the Abyss and South of Heaven first then the rest get listed randomly after it, i stick Chris Illusion and World Painted Blood right in there though. Saying that, you're talking to someone who really liked Diabolus in Musica so... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.