DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I like Paul Rudd. I don't think he's ever been in a film that I've ever wanted to watch, though.

Not a fan of Anchorman or Clueless?

Anchorman is just awful, awful stuff. A great example of trying too hard to be funny and quirky. Steve Carrell is the funniest in that film by a million miles.

• Paid Members
Paul Rudd was in Clueless? I obviously missed that, I've not seen it years, who does he play?

Silverstone's step brother.

• Paid Members

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is UNDERrated.

Average to good comedies like The Hangover and Bridesmaids were mega successful, publicity sensations. FSM is an excellent comedy. It did well, but should be treasured!!

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is UNDERrated.

Average to good comedies like The Hangover and Bridesmaids were mega successful, publicity sensations. FSM is an excellent comedy. It did well, but should be treasured!!

Think you're being a bit harsh on Bridesmaids there. I thought that left most of these sort of films in the shade, a much higher standard all round.

I Love You, Man, is Paul Rudd's finest hour, IMO. He does have such an ability to make most things watchable though, I'll say that. There's been some right shite I've managed to enjoy more than I thought because he's impossibly likable.

On another film mentioned above, for all the genre-defining praise it received at the time, I watched Anchorman again the other week and it's ageing horribly already. Not a keeper at all, that one.

• Paid Members

Saw Prometheus last night. My expectations were very low going in as what I'd read elsewhere (predominantly the Empire forums) I was expecting it to be dreadful but I enjoyed it. It was far from perfect but it was by no means a bad film. I'm sure your enjoyment of it will have a direct correlation of how much of an 'Alien' film you were expecting. It's not really a horror or action film more of a straight up sci-fi drama & there's very little in the way of jumps or gore which is why I think people may have felt underwhelmed upon it's release. Michael Fassbender is terrific, Idris Elba is watchable as always & it left me wanting to explore the story further. A really solid 3 stars.

• Paid Members
Paul Rudd's good films are Romeo + Juliet, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Walk Hard, Role Models, I Love You Man.

And I'll give a mild pass to Wet Hot American Summer, Our Idiot Brother and Wanderlust.

My turn to be surprised. I honestly don't remember seeing him in R+J. Who was he?