DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
It's the worst film of the last five years.

If you don't like it Sev, that is entirely your opinion. However, no sane person with any love for film would even make that statement if they had ever watched The Happening.

Re-watched the happening when it was on the other week, but approached it from the angle of a piss-take comedy. It actually worked from this way.

That's what I do with Terminator 3 and it ends up being one of the funniest comedies I've seen in ages.

• Paid Members

Stop being silly Billies and watch this

Three Ages (1923)

I just did and like most of his stuff its ace. Buster Keaton is the nuts.

Last night I watched The Guard, starring Brendan Gleeson. It's fucking brilliant. I know Gleeson gets a lot of love for his performance in In Bruges, but he's even better here. The dialogue is just glorious throughout.

I totally agree. Saw this film a few weeks ago and wasn't sure at the outset whether it was going to be funny and violent or just violent, but my fears were unfounded because when you get used to the blackness it is a very funny film and Gleeson is excellent! Felt like I needed subtitles at times though, there are a lot of very thick Irish accents.

I wouldn't call TripleA's "outburst" needless at all. I'd say it's spot on. Since adopting the mantle of a classic film geek, Richie has somehow become even more of an insufferable cunt. It's a terrible shame that people not only put up with, but encourage his rotten behaviour. Fuck the fuck off and take your shipping forecast and Bela Lugosi wankery with you.

• Paid Members
Just started watching DOA. In the first 10 minutes there's a Holly Valance fresh from the shower action scene, which pretty much makes it the greatest film I've ever seen.

I've watched all the Holly Valance bits on Mr Skin. Let me know if anything else good happens.

Just started watching DOA. In the first 10 minutes there's a Holly Valance fresh from the shower action scene, which pretty much makes it the greatest film I've ever seen.

Holly hasnt been looking too good recently. Pregnancy rumours and cynical fitness DVD stuff abound. Damn gossip sites, they will be the death of me!

holly-Valance.jpg

Ive never seen the appeal anyway, even when she was whatever Scully in Neighbours.

• Paid Members

I've watched some crap recently. My misses is in a film watching mood so we're catching up on some chick flicks. Also watched Hop and Dunston Checks In with my daughter. Hop wasn't bad though glad I didn't pay to seeit at the pictures. Dunston Checks In is a film my brothers used to love when they were kids so I sky+ it for my daughter and she liked it. Wasn't as funny as I remembered.

Also saw Hangover 2 the other night. It's exactly the same film but less funny. It's a better who dun it than it is a comedy. Cash in crap.

Watched Super too. That was alright. Never really fancied Ellen Page before but she was fucking gorgeous here. Kevin Bacon's character cracked me up and Rain Wilson is a blast. Some odd dialogue and odder "gore" but it's a reasonable 90 minutes. Agree with Seven on Juno, it's fucking dire. Page is better in this.

• Paid Members

Who here likes Submarine? I've watched about half of it and it's really boring and I haven't threatened to laugh once. I knew I should have done like johnnyboy and watched DOA.

• Paid Members
Who here likes Submarine? I've watched about half of it and it's really boring and I haven't threatened to laugh once. I knew I should have done like johnnyboy and watched DOA.

Watched it last year on the plane home from Florida. Thought it was quite good to be honest. Not a laugh a minute, but it caught the essence of what it was like in the mid-80's. Might be the fact that the character would have bene the same age as me then.