DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Ladies and Gentleman of the UKFF I ask of you, neigh, I plead of you; DO NOT let some naughty bugger spoil 'Cabin In The Woods' for you. Just don't.

Don't investigate, don't research, don't ask; just get your arse into a cinema.

Just saw an advanced screening, i've never seen a film as joyous or as entertaining. It's fucking excellent.

This. I saw it last night and I loved it.

• Paid Members
Ladies and Gentleman of the UKFF I ask of you, neigh, I plead of you; DO NOT let some naughty bugger spoil 'Cabin In The Woods' for you. Just don't.

Just saw an advanced screening, i've never seen a film as joyous or as entertaining. It's fucking excellent.

This. I saw it last night and I loved it.

I Just read up on it via Wiki, And what the hell is going on in that movie? Its sounds a bit fucked up to say the least. I might check it out to see if it translates better on film, but it sound crazy as hell.

I Just read up on it via Wiki...

Jesus fucking christ.

• Paid Members

I Just read up on it via Wiki...

Jesus fucking christ.

:confused: It did say dont let anybody spoil it for you, So i'm not allowed to look it up by my self then? Fucking 'ell dude.

I havent spoiled for anybody else, namely directing that comment of mine to anybody else who has seen it. If anything spoiling it for myself, makes me want to watch it more, as to be honest i was'nt going to even look at this film, as it sounds like "Generic Hollywood Horror #5928849392".

Edited by Bowyo T

It's really all irrelevant though. D-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-daz has seen it, and has given his (usually ace) opinion that it should be watched free of any prior knowledge. So what if you don't like horror, or comedy, or whatever the genre is? I assume it's horror, but if and when I watch it, surely I'll only be more impressed if it totally swerves me, than if I just read up on it then think "Wow, what I read before watching this really does happen exactly as I read it! Cool!"

Is it that difficult to have some patience and take some tiny chances with what you choose to watch in situations such as this, especially when that process has been so enthusiastically endorsed by somebody who's actually seen the film.

How shit is it when somebody says "Ohmygod, the twist too, wow!" when you haven't seen something? Half of the impact is lost because you're waiting for it, and even more annoyingly, looking for it whilst you watch.

All that said, it occurs to me that "Jesus fucking christ" probably didn't put that feeling across as eloquently as I would have liked. You didn't spoil anything at all for me, I was just so disappointed in the world that you would choose to spoil it for yourself when so ardently told otherwise.

• Paid Members

Its not a massive issue, mainly in that from regardless of who puts a review of a film down, regardless of the genre i'll normally check a movie based upon Whos in it, whos directed it and so on.

To me the title 'Cabin in the woods' screams "Generic Horror", and dont get me wrong i'm a horror fan but when somebody informs me of horrors saying its awesome, i'll check out the basic synopsis to see what its about, because i've seen way to many shite horro movies.

In it self the plot seems crazy, over the top and amazing to be honest, and yes i'll now probably check it out, as otherwise i would not of done so, and its not about "WOW, its just like i read", its just that i enjoy a good movie, (as an example you'd re-watch a good movie, and know exactly what is going on).

So whilst i appreciate what you've said, and yes i'm a massive mong on this forum, there is nothing wrong in what i've done.

• Paid Members

I'll probably never get round to watching it because I'm not a fan of Horror films at all, but I also read up on it and it does sound good.

Bowyo T, you are just the absolute worst though because you've read up on it and now you're coming into a thread where people are trying to avoid spoilers or hints about what happens and telling everyone how fucked up and crazy it is. You're doing what shit heads do and spoiling something without giving spoilers.

It's the film equivalent of when someone goes "I know something you don't know and it is SO amazing. I'm not telling you though, but OH MY GOD". Just shut up about it, nobody wants to know.

• Paid Members

On the other end of the review spectrum did anyone see Danny Bakers rant about Cabin in The woods on twitter?

Hey kids. Just been to advance show of Cabin In The Woods. The noisiest, dullest, shallowest piece of shit you could wish to waste money on.

Me after seeing Cabin In The Woods. This time last year I had head and neck cancer. It was better than this

Cabin In The Woods. A "deconstruction" so clumsy it may as well have Krusty on screen going "Eh?? Eh?? See what we're doing here?????"

To reiterate. Cabin In The Woods is not ironic, clever, witty, post modern or a comment on horror films. It is an awful noisy boring mess.

Kinda makes me want to see it now

• Moderators

Much as I adore Danny Baker, his opinions on modern films are a bit odd most of the time. He's super quick to write something off. I remember him frequently talking about how awful Pans Labyrinth is, and that it's just "The Muppets for perverts".

That said, Joss Whedon is involved in this, so I expect it's fucking terrible.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

It's a good film, the trailers tell you everything you need to know before you go in. Just go the cinema if you want to see it, don't if you don't. But, leave everybody alone. Chest is right on the money, the less you know walking into this film the better. I was fortunate not even having seen the trailer. That should be your starting point and, know, every bit of information you learn above and beyond that is for the worst.

Danny Bakers problem is that he expected something wildly different, and appears to have not liked being shocked. He's done that in the past, too. He's so sure of himself that when he's thrown a curveball he gets all pissy. He's a fucking contrary bastard, too.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
I'll probably never get round to watching it because I'm not a fan of Horror films at all, but I also read up on it and it does sound good.

Bowyo T, you are just the absolute worst though because you've read up on it and now you're coming into a thread where people are trying to avoid spoilers or hints about what happens and telling everyone how fucked up and crazy it is. You're doing what shit heads do and spoiling something without giving spoilers.

It's the film equivalent of when someone goes "I know something you don't know and it is SO amazing. I'm not telling you though, but OH MY GOD". Just shut up about it, nobody wants to know.

If anything i've not said enough about it to spoil anything for anybody. Other than it sounds good, its a bit crazy and i'll check it out at some point.

Chill the fuck out, and leave it be.