DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Moderators

Regardless of whether the film turns out to be any good or not, I just gotta say that this quote from Baker in particular really made me giggle -

Cabin In The Woods. A "deconstruction" so clumsy it may as well have Krusty on screen going "Eh?? Eh?? See what we're doing here?????"

My main concern about this is that it might end up being something from Joss Whedon that I like. It better not be.

Let it go, Gladstone, let it go. Firefly was really good too.

I think I'll be chuckling about Bowyo T's fuckwittery all day now. Extraordinary imbecility.

I watched Sucker Punch earlier, what an absolute mess of a film. It doesn't seem to know what it's trying to be. There are glimpses of a half decent fantasy film in there somewhere, but unfortunately they are few and far between and bogged down by too many substandard elements.

• Moderators

When I stuck Sucker Punch at #20 of the Top 20 Movies of the Year post I put up on my blog, I had that thing happen that people who write blogs pretend has happened, to make themselves look important - hate mail! Actual anonymous abuse accusing me of being a woman-hater. Even though I thought I'd covered my back with some ironic referencing to that very thing, that still wasn't enough. It is a ridiculous film, and basically 2 hours of crazy visuals, but I dug it anyway. Not sure I'd ever want to watch it again, mind.