The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Has everyone seen that video where the opposition captain kicks off at Cornwall because he retired "hurt" as he was struggling to make anything other than singles from the non striking end as he was too tired to stay out there? 

• Paid Members

Overton in for Woakes then. I'm glad they've booted Woakes but why have they jumped him over Curran in the queue? He's a left arm option for variety and he's a better batsman. Odd one, that.

• Paid Members

Some odd selection choices if you ask me. I think Woakes has had an OK series. Batted well in the first test and made a thirty in the second. Ok he's only taken 9 wickets but he's looked good at times. To dump him and give Curran a go would be one thing but to dump him, overlook Curran and bring in Overton is just odd to me.

I also don't like the idea of swapping Denly and Roy around. Denly has clearly struggled with the step up to Test cricket but he's worked hard and shown some grit and determination at number 4. That should be rewarded with another go. He doesn't open the batting in County Cricket for Kent. What's going to be the result of asking him to open for England? He'll struggle and will get dropped. Roy has come into the side and been asked to do a job and hasn't been able to do it. When we're looking for a number 4 then give him a call. Zak Crawley and Dominic Sibley have had decent seasons opening the batting in Championship cricket and I'd much rather see them be give the chance than to see someone else played out of position.

• Moderators

Joe Root keeping himself on after dispatching Smith is possibly the worst of all his awful decisions. Bowling at 9, 10 and 11? Part time spin will break a partnership but you want to be threatening the tail with pace. Not letting Lyon score 25 around the ground. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Joe Root keeping himself on after dispatching Smith is possibly the worst of all his awful decisions. Bowling at 9, 10 and 11? Part time spin will break a partnership but you want to be threatening the tail with pace. Not letting Lyon score 25 around the ground. 

Root is a fucking dross captain. Makes me pine for the days of paint by numbers Cook

• Paid Members

I love that England's solution to having lost the Ashes and facing a winter of three test series (I think?) is to not try anybody new at all and pick exactly the same squad.

What sort of twat thought Jason Roy opening in tests would be a good idea too!

Oh.