The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, hallicks said:

Channel hopping after the highlights on Saturday, came across the Dad's Army cricket match episode, thought @Gus Mears might be interested... 

Surprisingly when considering the calibre and age of television I generally watch, I don't like Dad's Army.

I'd recommend anyone with a spare five minutes to look at the ongoing Twitter feud between Matt Prior and Shane Warne instigated by Prior having a dig at Lyon. The whole thing is gloriously childish. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Good stuff from Warney there, complaining about people being mean on twitter whilst having a dig at someone for being a "club" cricketer... 

Also the only dig I've seen from Prior was very mild. It's not often I agree with Prior but I think he is 100% in the right here. 

Particularly considering its Lyon and what he has come out with in the past. 

On 8/10/2019 at 10:50 AM, Gus Mears said:

The West Indies have called up my new favourite cricketer to the test squad. Rahkeem Cornwall, who is set to become the largest athlete in test cricket history, at 7 foot tall and over 500 pounds.

cornwall9.jpg

7b7aac7dc86b2d9741da945c41f23cd3.jpeg.jpg

Just to add to this amazing man's story - He's been awarded Championship player of the year by Cricket WI

6 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The Stokes LBW is a tricky one. In real time on TV I thought it was out, but what i forgot is that the view you see on TV is not the umpires view. Looking at the DRS the ball definitely hits the front pad and on to the back pad. The DRS reads the flick off the front pad as turn, which is a technical problem for the DRS. They have re-analysed it and from the impact on the front pad it would have gone on to miss the stumps. So Joel got it right, though I do wonder if he saw it hit the front pad. 

Where was this re-analysis?

• Paid Members

I thought Lewis Gregory was in the squad initially, is he injured? Why didn't they pick Jamie Overton, he's been bowling well this season, hasn't he? Get him and Archer bombing the Aussies from both ends.

Rahkeem's debuting!

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Yeah, Gregory has been crocked intermittently this season and is back (I believe) this weekend in the t20's for us. So might be a fitness issue having him in the test squad when he's barely played for a month and there's no scope for a game before we face Australia again. 

This has been Jamie's best season for the club. He's finally started to bowl with a bit of accuracy and use his brain rather than steaming in like a moron all of the time. I still think Crag is the better overall cricketer, but he's not offering anything that Woakes or Broad don't already and Jamie potentially does. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

This has been Jamie's best season for the club. He's finally started to bowl with a bit of accuracy and use his brain rather than steaming in like a moron all of the time. I still think Crag is the better overall cricketer, but he's not offering anything that Woakes or Broad don't already and Jamie potentially does. 

I guess their thought process might be they might lose some control with two fast bowlers in the team but Archer's economy has been fantastic. They could afford to have Jamie Overton in, plus he can bat a bit as well, if not as well as his brother.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

We are only at the lunch interval and this is already arguably the greatest match in test history.

Career test average of 20 with the ball. The stats don't lie.

Chill as fuck taking that wicket

3 hours ago, hallicks said:

Classic selectors tactic of "well we won the last one with Roy in the team, so best keep him in." 

Roy has been so bad my Aussie mates don't even bring him up in there weekly "but they aren't even English....." whinge