Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Is there anyone in the 1st XI who could? Who's guaranteed their place?  A lot of people on foruna seem to be boosting Buttler as a future test captain but I don't see it. Ben Stokes possibly? Might be a calming influence on him like it was for Nasser Hussain. 

I worry about all-rounders as captains, both Botham and Flintoff floundered as them. I reckon it would improve Buttler as a batsman as the responsibility might lead to more with the bat. But Root just didn't stick with a plan at all today against Smith. I know he's a great player but why not just dry up the runs? If they'd have kept the run rate about one run lower then Australia would have had to bat on tomorrow and give England a better chance of surviving. Just attacked way too much but admittedly he wasn't helped by being a bowler down, then he wouldn't have had to bowl Moeen Ali as much against Smith.

Bowling himself 6 overs into the new ball was madness. New ball isn't the time for part time spin a step above filth. 

He should bowl more, he's got enough to buy a wicket here and there or tie up an end, but that was a really dumb move.

It's a lot like his crazy field settings last summer. It's as if he thinks thinking out of the box and catching people by surprise alone takes wickets when thinking out of the box actually needs a bit of clever thinking behind it to work, rather than Vince Russo-esque "They'll never see it coming!". If you're going to give some something a bit surprising with the new ball with a part timer you want a bit of medium pace that swings like Gooch or Mark Butcher or even Ian Bell had. Christ Tresco's Medium Swang (Swung?) for miles. Not finger spin. 

Edited by PowerButchi

The West Indies have called up my new favourite cricketer to the test squad. Rahkeem Cornwall, who is set to become the largest athlete in test cricket history, at 7 foot tall and over 500 pounds.

cornwall9.jpg

7b7aac7dc86b2d9741da945c41f23cd3.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Gus Mears

I have heard a story today of some top shithousery in the Lincolnshire cricket team. 2 of the Lincolnshire players were playing against each other in a club game when one brought the umpires attention to the bowling action of the other. That one was reported to the ECB and is now suspended from bowling until video analysis of his action has been completed. Top class shithousery there. 

10 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

The West Indies have called up my new favourite cricketer to the test squad. Rahkeem Cornwall, who is set to become the largest athlete in test cricket history, at 7 foot tall and over 500 pounds.

cornwall9.jpg

7b7aac7dc86b2d9741da945c41f23cd3.jpeg.jpg

7ft 500 pounds. Why hasn't Vince been on the blower... Seriously though he can't be over 6'7 comparing him to when he was standing next to other players

I have seen him in the CPL and he is decent . If I remember correctly they said he average over 30 in 50 over cricket with the bat as well.

Don't worry, no comment on the test. 😬

Just Greg James posting the Aggers, McGrath and Strauss video from yesterday and an unlikely response.

Edited by tiger_rick

Fucking Nora. That's one of the best innings I've ever seen. To do it after bowling a million overs too.

Series on. Best summer of cricket since 05

I honestly cannot take another one like that, it will definitely put me in a coma next time.