The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Just got home from a day on Headingley's Western Terrace(they can shove the new name up their arses, it will always be the 'Tarrace to me!). I'm pissed, a bit on the sun burnt side and still buzzing after an amazing day and one of the best innings I have ever seen in any format! Best thing is, we were going to chuck the towel in and go to the pub after the 9th wicket went, and it was only the fact one of the lads had gone to the bar to get a round in that we stopped. Imagine, sitting there all day and fucking off and missing that ending!

Managed to avoid spoilers all day until we're about to sit down and watch the highlights. Wife goes, "what's with the cricket? Everyone on my Facebook is talking about it! Even Corbyn on twitter!" 

Thanks love. 

Still, tremendous stuff. Just fucking brilliant. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Just got home from a day on Headingley's Western Terrace(they can shove the new name up their arses, it will always be the 'Tarrace to me!). I'm pissed, a bit on the sun burnt side and still buzzing after an amazing day and one of the best innings I have ever seen in any format! Best thing is, we were going to chuck the towel in and go to the pub after the 9th wicket went, and it was only the fact one of the lads had gone to the bar to get a round in that we stopped. Imagine, sitting there all day and fucking off and missing that ending!

At least you'd have missed the traffic.

Bloody marvellous.  Imagine not liking cricket!  Just off to watch the highlights.

Obviously our batting lineup is still incredibly fragile, but this could give us momentum for the last 2 tests.  It's like 1981, we took the last tests to win the series  

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Chunk said:

One of the greatest sporting performances of all time. Sports Personality of the Year nailed on. 

You would think so eh. Watch this we will get Hamilton again 

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Bloody marvellous.  Imagine not liking cricket!  Just off to watch the highlights.

Obviously our batting lineup is still incredibly fragile, but this could give us momentum for the last 2 tests.  It's like 1981, we took the last tests to win the series  

I reckon they will make one change (I would prefer 2). Roy out and Pope in is my guess, we've got to keep at Surrey quota up

• Paid Members

Joel Wilson even gets them wrong as 3rd umpire, that catch by Root in the last Test didn't look out. 

The thing about elite level umpiring is that it's a numbers game. The West Indies have far less umpires than England so it is easier to get on the ICC Panel if you are from the West Indies. It's the same for most countries apart from England and Australia really. 

If Joel Wilson had to get to the ICC Panel in England he wouldn't make the Minor Counties list let alone the ICC list. I'm not that sure he would even get on to my counties ECB Premier League panel. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Joel Wilson even gets them wrong as 3rd umpire, that catch by Root in the last Test didn't look out. 

The thing about elite level umpiring is that it's a numbers game. The West Indies have far less umpires than England so it is easier to get on the ICC Panel if you are from the West Indies. It's the same for most countries apart from England and Australia really. 

If Joel Wilson had to get to the ICC Panel in England he wouldn't make the Minor Counties list let alone the ICC list. I'm not that sure he would even get on to my counties ECB Premier League panel. 

I largely agree with this particularly Joel Wilson. I have to say though I really don't think the no call for Stokes LBW was a particularly bad call

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ElCece said:

I largely agree with this particularly Joel Wilson. I have to say though I really don't think the no call for Stokes LBW was a particularly bad call

The Stokes LBW is a tricky one. In real time on TV I thought it was out, but what i forgot is that the view you see on TV is not the umpires view. Looking at the DRS the ball definitely hits the front pad and on to the back pad. The DRS reads the flick off the front pad as turn, which is a technical problem for the DRS. They have re-analysed it and from the impact on the front pad it would have gone on to miss the stumps. So Joel got it right, though I do wonder if he saw it hit the front pad. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The Stokes LBW is a tricky one. In real time on TV I thought it was out, but what i forgot is that the view you see on TV is not the umpires view. Looking at the DRS the ball definitely hits the front pad and on to the back pad. The DRS reads the flick off the front pad as turn, which is a technical problem for the DRS. They have re-analysed it and from the impact on the front pad it would have gone on to miss the stumps. So Joel got it right, though I do wonder if he saw it hit the front pad. 

That's good to hear as I was a bit surprised to see how much DRS felt it turned as that was in keeping with what I thought. Still I doubt this reanaylse will get much play when it is looked back upon in future years