The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• 1 month later...

Brilliant from Stokes again. Where he gets that energy from on 5th days is something to behold. Utter Box Office.

Really big boost for the side. Would fancy a series win now. Pleased for Root as well. He gets a lot of stick as Captain but I don't see anyone else who could step up

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Brilliant from Stokes again. Where he gets that energy from on 5th days is something to behold. Utter Box Office.

Really big boost for the side. Would fancy a series win now. Pleased for Root as well. He gets a lot of stick as Captain but I don't see anyone else who could step up

I dont think he is a good captain myself but there honestly isnt an obvious replacement.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, ElCece said:

I dont think he is a good captain myself but there honestly isnt an obvious replacement.

He had an excellent day today though. His bowling changes were really impressive and his field settings were pro-active rathern reactive. Great test match, that.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He had an excellent day today though. His bowling changes were really impressive and his field settings were pro-active rathern reactive. Great test match, that.

Yes absolutely correct. I think the issue with Root and Cook before him is experience. They both will have had little to no chance to captain in county cricket.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

https://ecb-comms.co.uk/1FT6-6SKA2-FAL1CBNJ2E/cr.aspx

Perhaps could have gone in the Covid megathread but when it affects cricket you know it's really bad. 

Time to scour YouTube looking for the best of Graham Hick. 

It was always going to happen, but It's still gutting!

My cricket club has just played in a Virtual T20 game - all scores made using a random number generator.

See @WathCricketClub for the timeline of the game - and for my shit jokes.

Our league has suspended the first half of the season- hopefully we can start on July 4.

Not holding much hope though

• Paid Members

Cricinfo are doing a #RetroLive thing, and they're starting with the 1992 World Cup final.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19832/preview/1219703/england-vs-pakistan-1992-world-cup-final-retrolive-2019-20

I'm not sitting through that again, it was heartbreaking first time round!