New Doctor Who

stewdogg

24 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

I'm not saying that the intention is solely to cast diverse actors in roles to simply annoy conservative people.

It's just that in making the show more representative you have had keyboard warriors on the right banging on about what a great show it used to be but now it's gone "woke".

Oh I’m not suggesting they’re deliberately winding up people who probably never watched it anyway, I’m saying I see more laughing at people being annoyed than actual people being annoyed. 

Saying that though, I haven’t been round to the in-laws for a while so I haven’t seen any of Gbeebies since. 

24 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

Dr Who just for the record was critiquing fascism from it's 2nd serial.

Thanks to my aforementioned friends mentioning it, wasn’t the second incarnation the one where Patrick Troughtons Doctor had four options for his new body and one of them was a black man, thus showing a shapeshifting alien with two hearts can have black skin without changing its history. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh I’m not suggesting they’re deliberately winding up people who probably never watched it anyway, I’m saying I see more laughing at people being annoyed than actual people being annoyed. 

Lucky you. The Doctor Who pages had a load of people complaining about 'pandering or 'woke'. It was bad enough when they cast Whittaker, but once they moved on and added a trans character and then dared have a person of colour in the lead... yeah, dickheads came out of the woodwork.

The BBC had 114 complaints for daring to actually have a trans woman on screen.