New Doctor Who

stewdogg

6 hours ago, Factotum said:

Fuck it, do animated one offs if you don't want to see Old Colin Baker. Guy sounds the same.

To be honest some of the character models in the New Who animations look so far removed from the original character anyway that I'm not sure there'd be any benefit to it. 

It really shouldn't matter. 

Hell, the Doctor has a crisis and talks to his (presuming its the new Doctor at this point) former selves who have aged in his mind like they would have if they had survived. 

The Doctor gathers Doctors from other universes. In one universe the 5th Doctor is still going. In one the 7th Doctor is still going. Etc. 

The Master makes the Doctor drink a poison that both rapidly ages him and reverses his regenerations so that he goes back through each of them (he takes the antidote before the 3rd). 

The old Doctors are regenerations from before the 1st Doctor that also inspired later regenerations without the Doctor even knowing of their existence.

The Doctor gathers his old selves to help him fight the daleks but he forgets to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow and as a result they all look older.

Oops, the Doctor did a timey wimey. 

All of these are entirely shit but it doesn't matter. It's Doctor Who. 

57 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Hell, the Doctor has a crisis and talks to his (presuming its the new Doctor at this point) former selves who have aged in his mind like they would have if they had survived.

This could be something a Time Lord's mind could be exceptionally adept at doing, as they have to be able to recognise someone at different stages of that person's life when jumping around the timeline.

Also, the blue box at that angle indicates diamond - so she’s involved in the diamond anniversary next year and she’s called Rose.

When they posted Ncuti Gatwa, they just posted the blue square (rather than positioned as a diamond), but posted about Tennant/Tate/Fenney with the diamond.

I think the suggestion that makes the most sense is that this Rose is going to be Donna Noble’s daughter, as Rose helped her in an episode once - she may have named her after her without even realising (as her memories are wiped).

Also…

Go to @david_tennant for a spoiler I didn’t realise was a spoiler but it’s pretty cool. Very minor, but cool.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

57 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I think the suggestion that makes the sense is that this Rose is going to be Donna Noble’s daughter, as Rose helped her in an episode once - she may have named her after her without even realising (as her memories are wiped).

This makes perfect sense.

• Awards Moderator
Spoiler

CRIBBINS! I'm going to be fucking wrecked when he dies. 

Spoiler concerns that twitter account above. For the curious: that account has posted a photo of the filming of a future episode. 

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Spoiler concerns that twitter account above. For the curious: that account has posted a photo of the filming of a future episode. 

I actually was in Camden yesterday for work and saw them in the courtyard filming. Was quite something to see DT up close looking fucking brilliant btw (despite my earlier criticism)

22 hours ago, stewdogg said:

Unpopular opinion, but I liked Donna. She seemed more of an equal to Tennant than either Rose or Martha who were both so in love with him he was like a big old time shifting groomer.

I think over time she's been treated way more fairly. I preferred her as it was just two mates going around. She's a good actor Tate when she tones it down a bit. The 'broadness' was off putting at times, but in the quieter moments she's wonderful (Silence In The Library being a standout) A pity RTD couldn't stop bringing people back, as that last episode of her series should have all been about her sendoff, not Billie Piper's big face.

• Paid Members

I can't stand Catherine Tate normally, but I enjoyed her on Doctor Who. I enjoyed the dynamic of her just being an ordinary person dragged along for the ride, who just steadfastly refused to be impressed by any of the stuff the Doctor normally wows people with, it was a refreshing change from love interests and starry-eyed adulation from the companions.