What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

It looks like ITV have just trumped the BBC with their version of The Voice by signing Paul McCartney up for the 1st series.  They're also bringing Tom Jones back to make the Beeb look like utter twats for axing him for no reason.  I don't watch this shite but ITV must've paid some cash to lure Sir Paul in.

• Paid Members

I never knew it was moving to ITV. Fucking hell, as if that channel wasn't insufferable enough. As WyattMask mentioned, it's just non-stop signing competitions now. Same old shit every year.

• Paid Members

Plus the judges were just hypocritical anyway with stuff like "oh I would've turned if I knew you looked like that!"

Way to miss the point.

Exactly. I didn't take long for The Voice to lose its original appeal/point and just became another X Factor. The one thing I like about it though is seeing some of the old 90s hasbeens show up now and then. Like Cleopatra from...errr Cleopatra.

Having been plagued by Danny from Hear Say look a like comparisons throughout the early 2000's I was pretty relieved when no one turned for that cunt on The Voice. Didn't the bloke from Liberty X do alright on it this year as well? They truly did win the war.

• Paid Members

I got an invite to audition for The Voice (given a card at an open mic night which I do now and again when there's not much going on with my band), thought about going for a laugh but there was a tube strike on the day I was allotted so couldn't be bothered. Coulda been huge, I tell ya.

Didn't actually bother this year, but every previous year I've watched the blind auditions then stopped. I find those interesting, but the battles are dumb and then it does indeed just turn into the X Factor. It's a problem with the format that I don't think can be solved.