UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Awards Moderator

How did they do the Shane McMahon Titantron jumps at Summerslam 2000 and Backlash 2001? I've never been able to fathom how he wasn't seriously injured ... Even with padded ground involved, he fell backwards the first time, didn't he - what if he'd missed? And the second time, how did Big Show escape having someone fall on him from that height without getting hurt?

It's been years since I watched either so there may be something obvious I'm missing, but both seemed like needlessly risky things to do.

How did they do the Shane McMahon Titantron jumps at Summerslam 2000 and Backlash 2001? I've never been able to fathom how he wasn't seriously injured ... Even with padded ground involved, he fell backwards the first time, didn't he - what if he'd missed? And the second time, how did Big Show escape having someone fall on him from that height without getting hurt?

It's been years since I watched either so there may be something obvious I'm missing, but both seemed like needlessly risky things to do.

They're just basic stunt falls at the end of the day. Ones which I'm sure they rehearsed a ridiculous amount of times to make sure everything was perfect. I'm sure if you watch the Big Show one back at the close up angle Shane doesn't even make contact with him.

• Paid Members
Vince's fall off the cage always seemed more dangerous to me.

Yeah. A pensionable-aged bloke throwing himself backwards onto a relatively small target where if it went even slightly wrong he could smack his head off a monitor or hit the table at the wrong angle and break his back or neck. I thought Mankind's backwards fall off the side of the Cell against Kane on Raw was a tough one too. Not seeing where you're falling? Pass.

• Paid Members
I thought Mankind's backwards fall off the side of the Cell against Kane on Raw was a tough one too.

Foley missed everything on that one didn't he? I remember him saying that hurt worse than the one at the King of the Ring. Undertaker dragged him down, his arse broke the table and his head and back smashed off the conceit.

EDIT: Actually not a bad one for the Kane's best match debate. Quite an exciting brawl that.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The Vince bump is fucking crazy, rather than crashing through the table he just cracks against the edge of it and it crumples under his weight. Mad bastard that Vince.

And I remember Mick Foley saying the bump he took off the Cell against Kane actually fucked him up more longer term than the famous King Of The Ring table bump.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah that Vince table bump was brutal to watch. It looked like he didn't quite go back far enough and he caught the corner of the table with his back/hip. Could've been badly hurt there. Wasn't Vince supposed to have had a past neck injury as well, or have I dreamt that?

Edited by wandshogun09