UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators

It'd have killed the crowd, pardon the terminology. Think about it, they saw a man die in the ring. They'd be crying, vomiting, going home or just sitting there in shock and it would have come across even worse than it did.

• Paid Members
Currently watching WWF Over The Edge 1999, Just before The Rock/Triple H match JR tells the fans at home about the death of Owen Hart but they didn't tell the crowd in the arena. Why was this?

I assume it's because it would have killed the crowd and taken the heat right out the building.

Just an assumption though, but if they had made the call to carry the show on why needlessly kill the live crowd.

I'm sure I could have worded this a bit better.

I understand that but the event should have ended as soon as they got confirmation of Owen Harts death. Just seems really brutal that they continued the matches despite the roster finding it difficult to work aswell. The event will have always of been tainted as the event which killed Owen a few extra matches would have soon be forgotten about.

• Paid Members

As harsh as it sounds it was a business decision. The people in attendance had paid to watch a show and be entertained, they aimed to give them that. There wasn't really a neccisity to make the fans aware other than feed their curiosity. They didn't let the live crowd know Jerry Lawler had a heart attack either did they? (Although it was quite obvious something like that had happened to many I guess). Do you think they should have stopped the show then too?

• Paid Members

It couldn't be anything else if they continued the show could it? It would have been an emotional one to decide to abandon the show, but it can't really be if they decided to continue. I guess in a sense it may have been from what I said in that the fans didn't need to know and become upset (although like you say many must have assumed anyway). Entertaining the audience and providing a show it was the business is, they chose to go ahead with that in spite of the tragedy. It's not me 'knowing' anything, how is it anything but that?

• Paid Members
Have any big-league commentators ever forgotten themselves and talked about a performer using the performer's real name or previous wrestling name?

Immediately springing to mind, at the WM17 gimmick battle royal, Gene Okerlund says "And John Tent...The Earthquake has been eliminated".

On the recent TNA Impact (and also on the Backstage Pass) there were some clips of D'Lo running a Gut Check clinic for wrestlers from across Europe.

There's a particular pair in the ring that are so bad, he throws them out, and Bobby Roode and Kaz who are watching are laughing their heads off at the strawbs (/carny).

Anyone recognise the two shitarses, or any of the other candidates mentioned? There's this huge German girl who they seem to quite like. The whole thing is fascinating.

• Paid Members

She's not actually that huge in the flesh, but she does project an incredibly impressive aura, almost like a Kong or Phoenix. Looks bad-ass, fits her name. Never seen her wrestle, though.