UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Aside from punk and Lesnar do you guys know of any other pro wrestlers who train mma?

For the past two or three years, every time WWE have had shows in the California area Natalya has posted photos and videos of her training in an MMA gym with the Four Horsewomen.

(Usually Shayna Bayzler, Jessamyn Duke, and the one even worse than those two. Ronda hasn't got time for that shit).

He did have one against a total bum just to say he'd had a fight.

Sean O Haire fought in Pride and Sgt Craig Pitman also had some fights.

Del Rio had a bunch of MMA fights in Japan, Jushin Liger also had a fight were he was completely smashed by Mirco Cro Cop.

Tony 'Ludvig Borga' Halme fought Randy Couture on an early UFC card.

And don't forget about Yoshiro Takayama against Don Frye (also in Pride)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Didn't Liger fight in a mask and his first move attempt was a spinning heel kick? Think that was a favour.

And wasn't that against Minoru Suzuki?

Edited by sj5522

Didn't Liger fight in a mask and his first move attempt was a spinning heel kick? Think that was a favour.

I think it was Suzukis last fight before coming back to New Japan, he beat Ken Shamrock a couple of times way earlier in his career but there's always been something dodgy about Pancrase. It seemed to be part shoot part work with some matches made to last longer so the crowd got their moneys worth and even some endings being scripted. Still good fun to watch.

EDIT: There's a great article here http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/33031-the-debut-of-mma-when-it-was-still-thought-of-as-pro-wrestling-a-look-back-at-early-pancrase

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Yes, Liger attempted a Koppo kick at the start of his match with Minoru. MiSu laughed, then kicked his head in.

Cro Cop has twatted several wrestlers that tried to be MMA fighters or fighters that became wrestlers, including Yuji Nagata, Kazuyuki Fujita, Kazushi Sakuraba and the aforementioned Del Rio. And of course, Bob Sapp. He never fought Liger though. MiSu was enough for him.

• Paid Members

In theory they could be 1 up going in to the finish and grab another fall right at the end. There would be some logic to it as well taking advantage of theres opponents desperation

In theory they could be 1 up going in to the finish and grab another fall right at the end. There would be some logic to it as well taking advantage of theres opponents desperation

• 2 weeks later...

I won't go into massive detail but in 2013 I slipped a disc in the middle of my back and quickly lost all feeling and strength from the waist down. I had to under go emergency spinal surgery and was in hospital for a month.

After long time care and rehab I thankfully can walk again but I also have a mild form of cerebral palsy that affects my legs and my back still causes pain and discomft. It's really important I keep my core strong and was considering DDPyoga.

Have any ukff members tried it? How difficult is it? Did it work for you? Can I only purchase DDPyoga through the US DDP website?