General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Here's the first trailer for that Michael Shannon/Kevin Spacey Elvis/Nixon film I was chatting about a few months ago. I buy Spacey as Nixon straight away, I'm sure 90% of it is Hollywood fantasy to make a fun movie but I still really want to see what Michael Shannon does as Elvis.

I think I saw Johnny Knoxville in there.

• Awards Moderator

I think I'm more surprised that there's a Cloverfield sequel! It's been about... 8 years I think?

I loved Cloverfield the first time I saw it, knowing absolutely nothing about it and having bought fully into the viral marketing, but it didn't hold up so well on a rewatch.

• Paid Members

I think this is legit. I actually heard the rumour that Goodman and Winstead were participating in a Cloverfield sequel a few months ago, but Bad Robot quashed that and said it was a social drama that has nothing to do with Cloverfield, so nobody gave it another thought.

But here we are now with a Bad Robot flick that has Cloverfield in the title.

Cloverfield fans are picking the trailer apart for clues and over on that IMDb site, and there’s a few very good ones actually...

https://youtu.be/IWeNGx2Je7Q

• Paid Members

Just been to see 'Room'. What a brilliant film, really enjoyed it. I went as a compromise for dragging the other half to see The Force Awakens and I think I enjoyed it more than she did. Great performance from the little boy.