Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

Charlie is in danger of becoming a bit of a Tony Slattery and being on 'everything' Ch4 quiz show, Screen/Newswipe, 10 o'clock show, the new show, and Dead Set

Who did he play in Dead Set?

He wrote Dead Set

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm enjoying it, it's a little rough round the edges but for the first of a live series that'll get smoothed out. It's nice to see an actual satirical comedy on TV given that 'Mock The Week' isn't really about the news any more & 'Have I Got News For You' got stale years ago.

• Paid Members

I think it's pretty good. Of course, I'd rather it didn't have Jimmy Carr in it, but that goes for anything that Jimmy Carr has ever appeared in and indeed will ever appear in. He's fucking shit.

Mitchell and Brooker were just about as ace as they usually are. Having said that, although I like Lauren Laverne in general I'm not sure why she's on this, it's not really her thing at all. But she wasn't too bad either.

I think it's pretty good. Of course, I'd rather it didn't have Jimmy Carr in it, but that goes for anything that Jimmy Carr has ever appeared in and indeed will ever appear in. He's fucking shit.

Mitchell and Brooker were just about as ace as they usually are. Having said that, although I like Lauren Laverne in general I'm not sure why she's on this, it's not really her thing at all. But she wasn't too bad either.

Cos the show needs tits. And she is a pretty intellectual pair of tits in comparison to others, so doesn't seem that out of place.

I welcome this news. He's hardly on telly that often - Screen/Newswipe isn't happening any more, his "quiz" hasn't been on for a few months now, and Dead Set was more than a year ago. I can't actually think of the last time I saw him on TV apart from 2010Wipe over Christmas.

Big Fat Quiz of the Year?

I welcome this news. He's hardly on telly that often - Screen/Newswipe isn't happening any more, his "quiz" hasn't been on for a few months now, and Dead Set was more than a year ago. I can't actually think of the last time I saw him on TV apart from 2010Wipe over Christmas.

I think he was on it in 2009, but not the most recent one.

I think he was on it in 2009, but not the most recent one.

Could have swore blind that's been repeated over the new year, as I missed the most current one and ended up watching that instead, never mind

Anyway, the point was that he could end up like Tony Slattery, not will, and just that people could turn on him through over exposure.

It wasnt an I hate Brooker rant by any stretch of the imagination

Charlie is in danger of becoming a bit of a Tony Slattery and being on 'everything' Ch4 quiz show, Screen/Newswipe, 10 o'clock show, the new show, and Dead Set

Who did he play in Dead Set?

He wrote Dead Set

How does that tie in to people being sick of seeing him on the box too much? RIP Charlie Brooker's career.

Archived