Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And he's a funny guy but why should any of us care Dara O'Brain is dildos at gears?

I thought his point was quite interesting, about how you pay for the content but are denied it.

I fucking hate this as well.

Fantastic show, there were so many good moments in it. Is this a one off show then? Hope to see another. I'm new to Charlie Brooker having only seen him from You Have Being Watching and from watching that less so but this more so, I'm a fan. Would anyone point me to his must see stuff? Thanks!

I really enjoyed the show. Some of the points made were so true - especially Dara O'Brien's point about content (more specifically his Rock Band point. I absolutely hate trawling through shitey songs from genres i hate to get to ones I bought the game for).

The guys from Consolevania were pretty funny as well.

• Paid Members
And he's a funny guy but why should any of us care Dara O'Brain is dildos at gears?

I thought his point was quite interesting, about how you pay for the content but are denied it.

I fucking hate this as well.

Fantastic show, there were so many good moments in it. Is this a one off show then? Hope to see another. I'm new to Charlie Brooker having only seen him from You Have Being Watching and from watching that less so but this more so, I'm a fan. Would anyone point me to his must see stuff? Thanks!

I'd highly recommend his 2 books, Screen Burn and Dawn of the Dumb. Compilations of all his articles for the Guardian over the last 7 or 8 years. As someone posted earlier in the thread, the perfect toilet reading.

Pity it was a one-off, and a pity he had (for obvious reasons) to turn it into a bit of an idiot's guide to games. I think if anyone could actually do a proper games news/review show, it would be him.

It's amazing to think there's not been a proper mainstream tv show about games since Bits. I actually work with one of the girls from Bits now, which is weird. We're talking 10 years ago that was on.

• Paid Members

Who are you to doubt Gamezville?

*vomits*

So who do you work with? Is it Aleks, the other one or Emily Booth (*fap fap fap fap fap*)?

I remember them reviewing Crazy Taxi and the review footage showing loads of driving into walls and other total incompetence that led me to the conclusion that if you don't know how to steer the car, you should probably not review the game.

• Moderators
It's amazing to think there's not been a proper mainstream tv show about games since Bits. I actually work with one of the girls from Bits now, which is weird. We're talking 10 years ago that was on.

Vidz was better than Bits.

But I think Dara O'Briaininininain summed up totally why I don't bother with computer games.

Anyroads, one of the things I do remember is how to make your kicks more powerful on European CLub Soccer. As a password, enter "Three Shredded Wheat".

I actually work with one of the girls from Bits now

I'm so sorry. Just stay strong, it'll be alright.

I do get the rockband point. Most of the people that buy it would prefer to have all the songs from the off. But he can't beat the second boss of gears of war. How is that any major point? What do you want Dara? A level skip function? Jesus Dara, man up or buy the damn guide book

Archived