Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The writers' special was superb.

"Happy wedding day, sis" is getting printed out in large type and stuck on my wall for the dialogue rewrite days.

All this hate for Konnie, but she gave me a lazy lob which was good.

I do feel that this series is suffering a bit as Brooker seems a bit more like an insider, trying to expose "da biz", whereas before he was more like a regular, albeit perceptive viewer.

There's something about Konnie Huq that really winds me up. She leaves Blue Peter then makes it her mission to be as controversial and lads-mag-sexy as she can. 'My God, the girl from Blue Peter said "pissing"!'

It just screams attention-seeker to me.

I hadnt seen or heard of Konnie since her Blue Peter days (I didnt even know she had left to be honest) so it worked perfectly for me. What other controversial stuff has she been getting up to besides pissing into urinals?

Well, pretty much as soon as she left Blue Peter, it just looked like she was doing her absolute best to shake off the candy-floss image which had served her so well, and was trying to be more edgy and sexy.

Then there's stuff like this, which is like looking at your baby sister trying on your mum's clothes:

konnie_huq_medium.jpg

It screams of desperation, like she's trying to find a niche for herself as a prime-time presenter and will do anything to achieve it, including trampling all over why anybody knew her name in the first place.

She's quite ugly in real life too.

If we're comparing here attractiveness to other former Blue Peter presenters, Zoe Salmon, Katy Hill, Caron Keating and Anthea Turner smoke her arse.

I'd probably pick Mark Curry over Konnie Huq.

"I'm Konnie Huq. I'm 33 but I look 12" :laugh:

I really liked the writers special as it's something I'm hugely interested in. It was quite heartening to see that procrastination is part of the process

Me too, though I think it would have worked well as just a one off, more than a Screen Wipe episode. The SW series has got it's own style, and the writers special was too much of a deviation from that.

Then there's stuff like this, which is like looking at your baby sister trying on your mum's clothes:

konnie_huq_medium.jpg

That's hot mate. And so by extension is your baby sister.

The body says "yes please" the face says "Fuck RUN!!!!"

Thought it was quite fun this week, and liked that they employed Huq but didn't pander to her too much...

I take it you're talking specifically about that photo..?

You gotta be kidding if you think she has an ugly face...

Nah just that picture.

I mean, that screams psycopath at me.

I don't really have much of an opinion about her as I never watched blue peter while she was on it and I couldn't pick her out of a line up (before this) if you asked me too.

But from this show I thought she was fairly cute, probably trying to do the 'lad' thing a bit much but hey.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived