Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

Just incase anyone is interested, i read that tonights show is a 50 minute 'writers special' featuring writers from Father Ted and Mitchell and Webb and more about the actual writing and making of a TV show. It is on now but I will probably just get the repeat later on tonight.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was boring.

As I said on DS

I'm 1,000,000% dissapointed with this tonight.

I needed a screenwipe related laugh, and didn't get one.

Only positive is that prat Tim Key wasn't in it this week.

Very Very poor screenwipe.

It was boring.

As I said on DS

I'm 1,000,000% dissapointed with this tonight.

I needed a screenwipe related laugh, and didn't get one.

Only positive is that prat Tim Key wasn't in it this week.

Very Very poor screenwipe.

Don't know that it was incredibly poor, I think it was just a complete "Informative" Episode with no bells and whistles. Was very interesting but I want some more advertising cocks next week please.

For such a clever man, Brooker's always had weird taste in collaborators (the animators, Tim Key, etc.)

The writing show is probably an offshoot of him now writing proper telly scripts and wanting to be seen in a different light. Possibly, I have no idea what the inside of his brain is like. I'd like for him to do a more serious show about the nuts and bolts of TV, actually, it'd be equally interesting in a whole new way.

Maybe this is where Screenwipe splits its audience a little. Episodes like this are my favourite. Brooker's a funny guy and I like to hear his well-articulated opinions on shows etc, but ultimately if that's all Screenwipe was I wouldn't enjoy it as much. I mean, seriously-- what's cooler? Getting to hear Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong talk about writing Peep Show or getting to say, "yeah! That guy on that ad is a cock"? The show's best feature is surely allowing us to peek behind the veil of television so I'm actually surprised to hear that some people seem to watch it primarily as a comedy. For me the comedy's just the icing on the cake.

• Paid Members

It was a low-budget, very simple show with nothing but intelligent discussion with people who can talk with expertise about a topic that greatly interests a minority viewing audience.

Which is kind of the point of BBC 4.

There's something about Konnie Huq that really winds me up. She leaves Blue Peter then makes it her mission to be as controversial and lads-mag-sexy as she can. 'My God, the girl from Blue Peter said "pissing"!'

It just screams attention-seeker to me.

• Paid Members
There's something about Konnie Huq that really winds me up. She leaves Blue Peter then makes it her mission to be as controversial and lads-mag-sexy as she can. 'My God, the girl from Blue Peter said "pissing"!'

It just screams attention-seeker to me.

I hadnt seen or heard of Konnie since her Blue Peter days (I didnt even know she had left to be honest) so it worked perfectly for me. What other controversial stuff has she been getting up to besides pissing into urinals?

I hate Konnie Huq. She came to work on Torcher with the Navy cadet-wankers when I was at uni in Aberdeen. Lazy bitch preened and posed for half an hour, got one shot of her banging a nail then as soon as it started raining she fucked off, leaving her crew of set-builders to construct the most spectacular float EVER, then came back 5 minutes before the parade started acting like she'd been there all day. The rest of us were doing a 12+ hour day. She's lucky if she did 12 minutes.

She's quite ugly in real life too.

Archived