Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of intrest D.J Steve what was the game shop he used to work at called?

We worked together for a year at the Tottenham Court Road Computer Exchange in Warren Street, now called CEX with a number of locations! :DWe even spent a week in Vegas at E3 one year (this was 1993/4) at the company's expense as the salesmen of the year. :D That plane ride was both the best and worst flight I've ever been on as one of our boss got drunk on the plane and spilled a drink down his trousers which he promptly whipped off and put over the (empty) chair in front of him. Stewardesses didn't like it, captain didn't like it. Eventually he put his trousers back on complaining and moaning and leading to the captain 'calling ahead' to Boston to tell the Customs people about these brits he was having trouble with.Being Sensible I saw this coming a mile off and hung well back from them at customs. As all three of them were carted off into the Customs search area I sailed thorugh with Charlie's girlfriend at the time laughing like Glenn Fry.True Story. Apart form the laughing like Glenn Fry bit I kept my mouth shut my sphincter tight and waited for my friends.

• 11 months later...

Screenwipe is back on Tuesday. Yipee.

And, according to an interview Brooker did recently, there is a new spin-off series coming.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a134719/a-c...ie-brooker.html

"We've just been commissioned to do a spinoff series about the news. We did a one-off special about it and we're doing a whole new series of that next year"

:thumbsup:

Screenwipe is back on Tuesday. Yipee.

And, according to an interview Brooker did recently, there is a new spin-off series coming.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a134719/a-c...ie-brooker.html

"We've just been commissioned to do a spinoff series about the news. We did a one-off special about it and we're doing a whole new series of that next year"

:thumbsup:

Fantastic.

I read back on my story with fond memories.

I never did find out if Charlie was violated that day :D

Archived