Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

I love Brooker, but I'm really not looking forward to this. As a general rule, any quiz on C4 with 'celebrity guests' is fucking terrible.

It could also be genius if they let him run with it.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, on Screen Wipe Brooker seems to lose his nerve when speaking to another person rather than just addressing camera. A couple of moments in that writers' special bordered on sycophancy.

I thought Newswipe was okay. The whole moneygeddon thing grated on me but (as seems to be a regular occurrence on Brooker's shows) was presented by an ever-so-cute young lady so wasn't too bad. The poem about the fat banker didn't thrill me either, though I could see what they were going for. The stuff about the train-metaphor for the economy was good but hardly a ground-breaking insight (not that it all has to be, mind). The german-shooter stuff at the end was the highlight, quite fantastic.

I really liked this week's episode, especially the Fox news stuff. I wish Tim Key would fuck off, though.

I think Brooker could do an entire episode on Fox news.

Glenn Beck seems like an absolute stereotypical conservative nutjob much like the satanic Rush Limbaugh.

Didn't like the mocking of O'Reilly at the end though where Brooker matched the whole freaking out bit. Seemed too forced and just a bit dull.

Episode 4 was pretty funny.

Gordon really did look like he wanted to shag Obama....

Also I can't ever get bored of him ripping on sky news.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope he does another newswipe series after another screenwipe.

Apart from the obvious humour, he has a very serious message that he puts across in every episode and he deserves massive amounts of respect for that.

• Paid Members
From Brooker's Twitter account:

"Worst videogame bosses ever? Email yr suggestions to gameswipe at zeppotron dot com. Make what you will of that email address,"

Oh wow. Been really hoping he would go back to games at some stage. Excellent news

• 4 months later...

Archived