Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was brilliant as usual. I was watching it with my sister which wasn't awkward at all until my dad walked in just before the penis bit. If it was just me and my sis watching it, no prob, if it was just me and my dad watching it not bad-but both of them was without doubt the most awkward moment of the festive period.

The whole bit on Noel's HQ was great, Barry Shitpeas was hilarious but the highlight was the Dennis Nilsen spot on Santavision. I was soooo tempted after watching that to blow multiples of

• 3 weeks later...

Digitalspy brings good news!

'Newswipe' returns to BBC next week

Tuesday, January 12 2010, 13:45 GMT

Charlie Brooker has revealed that Newswipe will return to BBC Four next week.

The presenter had previously confirmed that the show had been commissioned for a new series.

Writing on his Twitter page, Brooker said: "Newswipe returns to your TV on Tuesday 19th Jan, 10.30pm, BBC4."

He added: "Just recorded my first set of on-the-sofa Newswipe links for this year. You won't see them for a little while though. THAT'S TOPICALITY!

"If Nando's went bust, the Newswipe edit would implode. The back of a Nando's chip punnet has a message from 'Nando' himself. Who is 'Nando'? Is he the chicken?"

Brooker recently told his followers that the new series will feature a piece from documentary-maker Adam Curtis.

• 1 year later...

Charlie is in danger of becoming a bit of a Tony Slattery and being on 'everything' Ch4 quiz show, Screen/Newswipe, 10 o'clock show, the new show, and Dead Set

Its great being multi talented, but a bit shit if you get over exposed and your core audience turns on you. Maybe thats just me though

• Paid Members
Charlie is in danger of becoming a bit of a Tony Slattery and being on 'everything' Ch4 quiz show, Screen/Newswipe, 10 o'clock show, the new show, and Dead Set

Its great being multi talented, but a bit shit if you get over exposed and your core audience turns on you. Maybe thats just me though

I don't mind Brooker on TV to be honest, hsi new BBC show looks very almost a modernised version of the Day Today judging by the preview

by the way there is not ENOUGH Tony Slattery mentions on this forum, fucking loved him in my youth

Archived