Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
And he's a funny guy but why should any of us care Dara O'Brain is dildos at gears?

I thought his point was quite interesting, about how you pay for the content but are denied it.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, I could have done without the singing woman though.

• Paid Members

I know but I hate watching stuff on my PC, If its something I'm really interested in I want to see it in livingroom on the sofa! Its repeated at 11.20pm on Thursday night bbc4.

I cant believe how little effort they put into advertising it, they'll probably moan at Brooker when it gets low ratings. Arghh x 2!

rob florence is on it, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up

I was pleasantly surprised to see him there.

Anyway, I only knew the show was on as a podcaster (is that a real term?) told me. If it wasn't for that and twitter I'd have no clue.

I'm not a big gamer - Dara O'Brain pretty much summed up why - but I quite enjoyed the show. As previously mentioned it's like Screenwipe but with games, which made it instantly enjoyable. Well that and the press clips.

I really enjoyed it, but I watch anything Brooker through rose tinted glasses. Alot of the stuff had me howling with laughter and also made me download wolfenstein on my iphone this morning.

I also liked Rebecca Mayes on the show, cute girl singing about video games, all I need now is to find she secretly loves nothing more than walking round the house wearing nothing but a hockey jersey and ill have found my perfect woman.

Gameswipe was brilliant last night. Watch it on iPlayer.

I would love for this to be a series. The bit with Wolfenstein was priceless, particuarily the bit where he was talking about the back-story to the guys he was maiming, cutting their heads off with a spade; "That's your kids Christmas fucked then! Don't worry, HE'S A NAZI! [this makes violence OK and cool]".

Also the bit with celebrities talking about games was awesome. I never thought the guy from Mock Of The Week or the other actor would have ever bothered with games like GOW or Call Of Juarez.

Archived