Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I'm thinking of a purchasing an i-Mac 510, this one to be precise i-Mac 510

Having never owned a Mac before, am I going to get a nice smooth running machine for my cash?

Also, will it run Football Manager 11 comfortably?

Yeah the machine itself will run smooth.

4GB of Ram and 1TB storage should see ya right.

As for running on a Mac. Yes it should work perfectly as you will meet the system requirements.

Football Manager 2011 System Requirements

Here are the official system requirements for Football Manager 2011 announced by Sports Interactive Games.

PC

OS - Windows XP/Vista/W7

Processor - XP : 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 : 2.0GHz or Faster

Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon

Memory - XP : 512MB RAM, Vista/W7 : 1.0GB RAM

Hard Drive Space - 2GB

DVD-Drive - 4x Speed

Video Card Memory - 128MB

Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible

DirectX - Version 9.0c (included)

Mac

OS - OS X 10.5.8/10.6.x or higher

Processor - Intel Processor

Video Card - Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 or greater.

If you doubt whether your computer is enough for playing Football Manager 2011 try to download and install the demo. It will help to solve such kind of issues.

Just the only thing i might say to you is that if you are not in a rush with buying it, Apple are releasing their latest version of their operating system (OSX 10.7 Lion) next month.

While their isnt a huge advantage to waiting untill next month i personally would prefer to buy a computer when the latest version is bundled with it.

Whats the cheapest website to buy books. A guy i worked with showed me a cool website that was considerably cheaper than amazon. Can't remember it now though .

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
A while ago, somebody posted a youtube link of one of those cheap sky channels where they had left the mics on in the studio and could be heard talking about all sorts off stuff. I think it might have been a shopping channel or something of that ilk, pretty sure the channel closed down some time after it. I know it's really vague but if anybody can remember what I'm on about and has the link, it would be great.

Cheers

Was it

A while ago, somebody posted a youtube link of one of those cheap sky channels where they had left the mics on in the studio and could be heard talking about all sorts off stuff. I think it might have been a shopping channel or something of that ilk, pretty sure the channel closed down some time after it. I know it's really vague but if anybody can remember what I'm on about and has the link, it would be great.

Cheers

Was it

Frankie Sides, you star. Bang on, cheers!

• Paid Members

Cheers

Was it

Frankie Sides, you star. Bang on, cheers!

Amazing.

Liked how they managed to turn the sound down when the guy started to apologise and missed the first bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Ok, PC help needed from people familiar with Microsoft Works. I'm using version 7.

I use works database a lot at work for generating reports but out of nowhere, when I go into a report now the columns are all resized, all by themselves. I fix it, save it and the next time it's the same thing. This is happening with all my reports so it's pretty annoying!

Also despite producing memos (in Works Word Processor) using the font Arial, I will open them again to find the font has altered to Univers, this sometimes happens with the font on my databases too.

What has happened? Can someone tell me how to put this right?

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a video I want to watch on the new season of Breaking Bad, but its not available to watch here since I don't live in the US. I'm aware of programs that get around this issue, anyone recommend one?

Two food related questions

1. Where sells Branston's Tomato Ketchup as the supermarket's round here have either ditched it or im guessing its been withdrawn :(

2. Where sells Chilli Jack Daniels Sauce? As per the reasons above

The Iceland around my way still does Branston tomato ketchup.

Cheers Ill have a wander to mine. Got bored with Heinz, it just doesnt taste the same in squeezy bottles ( probably should go in the irrational thread) and tried it and havent looked back since.

• Paid Members

Going from the Google+ thread. How do you change your Facebook settings so you can see status updates from all your friends, not just the ones you've interacted with recently (predetermined by FB)?

• Awards Moderator

On your News Feed, scroll down until you get the 'Older Posts' bar; to the right of it there's an Edit Options button which opens up a box showing anyone who you have blocked, underneath the dropdown for whose posts to display.

Archived