Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
Hi there!

Bit of an odd question, but do any of you guys know what shop I could get a Nokia 6288 battery from? I don't want to go down the Internet buying option. I want to go into a shop and come out with it in my hand (paying for it first of course). Thanks a lot.

Does your provider have a shop in town? if not, Carphone Warehouse?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't want to go in the Who thread and my Sky+ died Saturday. Are there any repeats iof Saturday Dr Who n HD? I guess otherwise I'll go with iplayer.

I don't want to go in the Who thread and my Sky+ died Saturday. Are there any repeats iof Saturday Dr Who n HD? I guess otherwise I'll go with iplayer.

I don't know the answer to this, but the Sky+ HD search is fucking class, have a look in there and see if you can find a repeat. Way better than the old Search A-Z feature on the older boxes.

• Paid Members
I don't know the answer to this, but the Sky+ HD search is fucking class, have a look in there and see if you can find a repeat. Way better than the old Search A-Z feature on the older boxes.

Nice one, didn't even realise there was a search function. Its on Friday 7.40 PM BBC Three.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know the song that is in the first thirty seconds of this clip? Its a little hard to hear because they've used it as a bumper with other audio on top, but if you know it, you'll recognise it.

It reminds me of the Pixies, but I dont think it is. Any help would be appreciated.

• Paid Members
How do I make this Yahoo tool bar which has turned up fuck off?

I'm on firefox.

Click Tools, then Add Ons, and it should be in the Extensions section. Then in future, pay attention to unclick anything that offers a toolbar with it, and if it wont let you refuse, don't install the programme to begin with.

• Paid Members
Click Tools, then Add Ons, and it should be in the Extensions section. Then in future, pay attention to unclick anything that offers a toolbar with it, and if it wont let you refuse, don't install the programme to begin with.

Many Thanks. I'll give it a go. I always opt out of them as they are wank, but I updated Java or flash something with a name like that and then it just turned up.

I must have missed it if it did give an option, my mind was else where.

• Awards Moderator
What's the standard form of packaging for "thank you" cards and a box of chocolates? Surely it's not stuffing them in a jiffy bag, but an old shoebox doesn't seem appropriate either.

You can get gift boxes from most card shops, in varying sizes. Just get one of them and wrap it in some brown parcel paper. Well, as long as you've not decided to buy them a Toblerone.

• Paid Members

When some one I know won just over a grand on the lotto a few years back they had to go to a large post office in Truro to claim the money as they were big enough to deal with it.

That's next to no help I'm sure,

Archived