Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
I'm moving into my new student house in a few weeks and I need to sort out internet. Can anybody point me in the direction of affordable broadband that will be flexible enough for 6 people to use? I'm with Virgin in my current house but we don't need the TV package next year which is the only reason we got it this year.

Tried adsl24? They're what I'm on here, and they seem pretty damned solid.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Can anyone remember a sort of game show from quite a few years back? A team of contestants had to travel around the country and gather clues/interview people to try and solve a murder. At the end of each episode, a contestant was given a helmet-cam and had to go to a place (that were invariably shit scary, such as abandoned hospitals) where they were either given a further clue, or eliminated from the game.

Can anyone remember a sort of game show from quite a few years back? A team of contestants had to travel around the country and gather clues/interview people to try and solve a murder. At the end of each episode, a contestant was given a helmet-cam and had to go to a place (that were invariably shit scary, such as abandoned hospitals) where they were either given a further clue, or eliminated from the game.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/The_Murder_Game

This the one you thinking of?

• Paid Members

That's the one. Bloody marvellous, it was.

Whilst I'm in a questiony mood, can anyone identify an old arcade game? We're talking very early nineties, and it was a side scrolling, two player beat 'em up. Very Double Dragon-like in design and gameplay, there was an option to do a special move that would kill your opponent straight away, but left you vunerable to any others whilst you were doing it. One of the characters did a sort of headlock takedown/neckbreaker move for this.

[EDIT] Sorted. It's Gang Wars.

• Moderators

Thanks Butch.

I'm going out of my mind trying to think of this song.

All I know is that it was probably at least 4 years ago. A female, who had a band with her, but I'm sure they went by her name. Think she was from iceland or norway - a country like that. The song was catchy, simple rock song. Think she had 2 songs released, one was much more popular than the other.

I can't even think of a lyric. It's driving me up the wall.

Plz help

Can anyone help me with a remembered music vid? It's all set in some smokey New York loft with a bunch of girls having a sort of dance-off against a bunch of guys, I think it's essentially a duet between a male and female singer.

Everyone in the video is black, obviously, and all dressed in classy early 90s clobber, and the main guy singer is rocking a black roll neck with a suede jacket and dark glasses. it's one of the coolest looks I've ever seen in a music vid, but I can't remember what the song is!

• Paid Members

Hi there!

Bit of an odd question, but do any of you guys know what shop I could get a Nokia 6288 battery from? I don't want to go down the Internet buying option. I want to go into a shop and come out with it in my hand (paying for it first of course). Thanks a lot.

Archived