Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My Blackberry keeps getting stuck when attempting to scan a QR code and only pulling the battery out (or in my case, being forced to drop the phone on the floor in order to remove said battery) will stop it. Is there any reason/solution for why this keeps happening? A quick search of the internet has been shockingly unhelpful so far.

Right somebody may be able to help me with this. Just before the new millennium there was a program presented by a kid dressed in a suit about entertainment over the millennium or something. It was promoted with loads of adverts on BBC (I think) with this kid walking through loads of different cartoons and films or whatever, stuff like the Magic Roundabout and Narnia. Can anyone remember what this program was called and how I'd be able to get hold of some of the adverts? Dunno why this suddenly popped into my head but I'm feeling nostalgic.

Wasn't a programme, it was just a BBC Trail from 1999 called "Small People" with a kid walking through lots of BBC childrens programmes like the programmes you named and chatting to Windy Miller, Aslan, etc - it was to promote their continued commitment to children's television by showing examples from cartoons and stop-motion to live action dramas like the Narnia series. I have it downloaded from thebox.bz I recall but it's on Youtube here:

- clever advert really that was part of the BBC's series of trails, that included the Perfect Day video, which said how this was all possible due to the unique way the BBC was funded by the TV Licence

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

I've got a load of shekels that need converting back into sterling. My question is can I bring them to any post office/travel agent and get them changed, even ones that don't deal in shekels?

Archived