Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone ever used (or, more to the point, done work for) one of those internet companies who sell custom essays to lazy college and university students with money to burn?

I was registered with one about 4 or 5 years back, but didn't actually do any essays for them as my boss at uni disapproved of it and, to be fair, I was making a pretty good living out of casual lecturing work back then. Now, with fees on the rise and funding getting tighter, I'm just about scraping by on teaching work, so am interested in looking into this as a way of making extra cash in a bit more detail.

Has anyone ever used (or, more to the point, done work for) one of those internet companies who sell custom essays to lazy college and university students with money to burn?

I was registered with one about 4 or 5 years back, but didn't actually do any essays for them as my boss at uni disapproved of it and, to be fair, I was making a pretty good living out of casual lecturing work back then. Now, with fees on the rise and funding getting tighter, I'm just about scraping by on teaching work, so am interested in looking into this as a way of making extra cash in a bit more detail.

Is it not completely illegal?

Is it not completely illegal?

As I understand it, there's nothing illegal about writing for these companies because the companies basically use loopholes in their writing to suggest these are 'sample' papers for students to use as a guide rather than submit as their own.

Of course it's absolutely cheating for students to use them, and if they get caught they may get booted off their course (or, more likely, given a slap on the wrist by unis that need their course fees next year). But there are always going to be lazy cunts with too much money who will pay someone else to do their work for them, so I'll take their money as soon as have somebody else take it.

• Paid Members
You can get cabled 360 style pads for the PC, or you can get a wireless receiver that will enable you use the wireless pads from a 360. This is only good news if you like 360 pads though.

I'll have a look into this. Much obliged.

You probably already do this but could you not get into assessment/dissertation marking and invigilation? That seems like a decent earner for the academic in need of a little something extra.

There's something wrong with my eye. I've been blinking a lot, presumably because of stress/anxiety, some sort of monginess, or a combination of sunlight and poor eyesight (I should've been wearing glasses for about the last five or six years, I think, but I've never had my eyes tested). Probably a combination of the lot. If I'm out and about on a sunny day, I cry like normal people do when pissing about with onions.

Anyway, my right eye is sore and runny as fuck. In the morning it's got all gunk in it, as though I've been the recipient of an overnight facial. It's just that usual eye mucus though, I think. Once or twice, it's been difficult to open it. I think it's an overproductive tear duct, but I don't know what to do about it. Other than cut the eye out and wear a patch, which I'll do once winter comes in.

Archived