Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible for someone to have 2 mobile phone contracts?

Basically, I've got shite credit, so my sister get's me a contract in her name i pay her etc, she wants a contract phone now, with o2, im going to get a new contract on vodafone, so would they both be able to go in her name like?

• Paid Members

Basically, I've got shite credit, so my sister get's me a contract in her name i pay her etc, she wants a contract phone now, with o2, im going to get a new contract on vodafone, so would they both be able to go in her name like?

Yeah. I had two in my name with the same network once. I've known people have them with different networks too.

Yeah. I had two in my name with the same network once. I've known people have them with different networks too.

Ahh good stuff, cheers. :thumbsup:

Is there anyone out there who uses Freeview who has lost channels since the recent digital changes?

I've retuned and lost Challenge TV & Talksport, which is very annoying.

I think the full switchover goes through in November?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Is there anyone out there who uses Freeview who has lost channels since the recent digital changes?

I've retuned and lost Challenge TV & Talksport, which is very annoying.

I think the full switchover goes through in November?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Challenge has moved multiplex and should be on 800 iirc

There is a forum on Digital Spy thats pretty good for keeping up to date with stuff linked here

Hope that Helps

• Paid Members

Yesterday, for some bizarre reason I used the term 'Dockoff' for the first time in about 18 years to describe something big. This might've been a regional thing but does anyone know if there's an origin to this slang or whether it was just bollocks that kids made up?

• Paid Members

I was going to do a thread about regional sayings recently, actually, talking about these very things.

I've not heard of Mike's but I've heard of things described as 'fuck off' big in plenty of places, I think.

The one I was thinking of, though, was 'bobbins'. I'm not talking about the poster of the same name although, with him being a Merseysider, it's kind of relevant. When I was younger I thought it was just a Manchester-used word but I've heard it used by one or two Scousers and I don't know if said poster named himself after the word or not. Also, I once heard Robbie Williams use it once on the telly and he's from the Potteries - mind you, he is pretty closely associated with Manchester as well.

Archived