Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

Much improved card that. Usually, these shows fall on their arses without any help from the New Japan lot, but this looks like it could be really good. I like the sounds of Gresham/ZSJ and Cobb/Page.

Some help then.

• Paid Members
On 11/29/2018 at 9:06 AM, MPDTT said:

Final Battle looks awesome. So many of these could steal the show.

Ring of Honor Final Battle pay-per-view, December 14

-Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky vs. The Young Bucks vs. The Briscoes in a Ladder War for the ROH Tag Titles.

-Jonathan Gresham vs. Zack Sabre. Jr.

So two matches, then? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

That's got to be a fan made video, surely? The state of the font! Still, got a laugh out of getting the Neil Young lyric spectacularly wrong at the start.

Haha, even I noticed that. Fucking roh, man.

Really looking forward to Final Battle tonight on Honorclub!

We are so lucky now to be able to get so much live wrestling content. In the 90s I was so frustrated that we never even got access to WCW ppvs.....

So, tonight....is The Elite bowing out of ROH or not?

24 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

Maybe this is for the "This happened in 2018" thread, but will it be we look back at Final Battle as the end of the Elite in indies, and the proto-birth of them going it alone?

I think we'll see them sign either to their own promotion, or to their own Management Company.

The more I think about it, the more I think it will be the latter. If the Elite are signed as one to their own Management Company, and said management company signs block deals with NJPW, ROH, potentially Impact and others, then they can gain the benefits of 'being signed', but also not be constrained to exclusivity - which is what I think they want. Selling the Elite as a package deal gives them huge bargaining power.

Coming to think of it......isn't that what Carlos Tevez did with a firm called MSI back in the day?

Edited by MPDTT