Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed that. I think it's clear now Eubank's style is only going to work to a certain level. Groves fought really well and rendered Eubank's offence useless for big chunks of the fight. I had it 116-112 and that's obviously without the knockdown that should've been included. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, June seems way too quick a turnaround with his shoulder. 

Just been looking at what's coming up over the next few months. Fuck me...

Feb 24th:

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs Juan Francisco Estrada

Callum Smith vs Juergen Braehmer - ITV Box Office

Anthony Yarde vs Tony Averlant - Box Nation

Daniel Dubois vs DL Jones - Box Nation

Mar 3rd:

Kell Brook vs Sergey Rabchenko - Sky Sports

Sergey Kovalev vs Igor Mikhalkin - Box Nation

Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz - Sky Sports

Josh Taylor vs Humberto Soto - Channel 5

Mar 24th:

Dillian Whyte vs Lucas Browne - Sky Sports

Mar 31st:

Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker - Sky Box Office

Apr 14th:

Billy Joe Saunders vs Martin Murray - Box Nation

Apr 21st:

Carl Frampton vs Nonito Donaire - Box Nation

Amir Khan vs Phil Lo Greco - Sky Sports

Adrien Broner vs Omar Figueroa 

May 5th:

Tony Bellew vs David Haye 2 - Sky Box Office

Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez 2 - probably Box Nation again? 

May 12th:

Hughie Fury vs Sam Sexton - Channel 5

May 19th:

Lee Selby vs Josh Warrington - Box Nation

Adonis Stevenson vs Badou Jack

And that's only until May. All this in the next 3 months! How ridiculous is that? 

• Paid Members

Just watched last nights fight back again, and it looked even more like man against boy than it did live. 

Looking forward to the tournament finals now. My eldest lad and I have really bought into the concept.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

If Smith wins Egg. Beating Braehmer in Germany isn't a given. 

The next 3 months is ridiculous Wand. In my 30+ years as a boxing fan I can't remember a time where big fights just keep coming week after week. 

cant see Smith having too much trouble with Braemer, hes 39, past his best and is cutting down to make the weight. German scorecards aintas bad as they once were but i see Smith stopping him convincingly.

• Paid Members

Eubanks was throwing punches that wouldn't look out of place outside Yates. 

Despite some hilarious yet stupid claims from Prince, I'd be well up for Junior to come straight back replacing Groves and derailing the hype train off Callum Smith.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

cant see Smith having too much trouble with Braemer, hes 39, past his best and is cutting down to make the weight. German scorecards aintas bad as they once were but i see Smith stopping him convincingly.

I expect Smith to win. I had money on him to win the whole thing before it started. I did him and Gassiev individually and as a double. 

Also @wandshogun09 you missed May 11th Usyk v Gassiev off your list. That has the potential to be fight of the year. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Fox Piss said:

Eubanks was throwing punches that wouldn't look out of place outside Yates. 

Despite some hilarious yet stupid claims from Prince, I'd be well up for Junior to come straight back replacing Groves and derailing the hype train off Callum Smith.

after last night you'd give Eubank a shot against Smith?

• Paid Members

I wouldn't put money on it. I mean Smith was the betting favorite from the beginning.

The stupid talk from Nas last night and some pathetic tweets from fellow pro's to Eubanks about his ability does grind on me a bit though. Junior can still be a handful for most in the division. I wouldn't say i was overly impressed with Groves either last night tbh.  So seeing Eubanks coming back from a loss and beating current pundits golden boy Smith would be great.

It's a long shot though. Due to Smith ability and the advantage he gains from weighing far more than nearly everybody come the first bell.