Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

If I'm absolutely honest, distasteful as McG is for the nasty shit he's said (and he's only getting worse because now his actions are starting to catch up to his words), I confess I would've liked to see him stick one through the face of that proven wife-beating shit. 

• Paid Members

well, British Beef was a shambles. 

Im not sure what was to blame, people will say it was down to it being two novices who didnt deserve that platform, i think it was some that but more so it being just a horrible clash of styles. Okolie is just big and gangly but he doesn't use his reach, he gets in close, misses and spoiles. Chamberlain simply couldnt cope with Okolies size. The occasion seemed to get to him as well.

This whole event was looking like some kind of out of the blue success story for UK boxing, they got it all right until the actual fight.

I like Tony Bellew too, but he was shocking on commentary tonight.

• Paid Members

Good to see I kept up my 100% wrong prediction rate. 

I agree with you Egg, Bellew was rubbish on commentary tonight, the highlight of which was giving a round 10-9 To Carson Jones over Ted Cheeseman when Jones had been deducted a point in that round. 

• Paid Members

Yeh, Cheeseman/Jones was worth tuning in for. Carson Jones always brings it. I think Ted Cheeseman would legitimatly beat Conor McGregor in a boxing match too (IFL reference there).

Joshua Buatsi looks the absolute business at Light Heavy too. Took a step up and made it look easy. He's class.

Just a shame that main event didnt live up to billing.

Was a terrible fight, Okolie looks like an uncoordinated giraffe. Cheeseman looks like he has a good engine and can take a shot but lacks power......roll on Groves/Jnr....

nice little 10 minute promo for this fight. I fancy Groves heavily for this, cant believe the bookies have Jnr the favourite.

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

Forgot to mention Buatsi. He was probably the highlight of the show for me as well, to be honest. Hadn't seen him fight before but he looked great last night. 

And yeah, really looking forward to Groves vs Eubank Jr. How does everyone see that going? I've gone back and forth a little bit but I'm leaning towards Eubank myself. 

• Paid Members

Watched that fight today Egg, it was cracking. Gassiev's hand speed in the later rounds is remarkable. There's one combo that is just sensational. The punch for the 1st knockdown would have finished most matches. 

Again I'm still not loving Ronald Macintosh and his bizarre love of middle names, but I tell you who I am warming too. That is old Davey Diamante. Every announcer needs his gimmick and his is strong. Those dreads are magnificent and his "From the four corners of the world to the four corners of this ring" set up line is strong work. 

• Paid Members

hes infinite times better than the guy they have doing the Matchroom shows (when Buffer isnt over). Hes the bloke that does the darts too.

Gassiev/Usyk is gonna be one of the fights of the year.

20 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

And yeah, really looking forward to Groves vs Eubank Jr. How does everyone see that going? I've gone back and forth a little bit but I'm leaning towards Eubank myself. 

I am also leaning towards Eubank Jr. I think he'll edge away as the fight goes on. 

Which is a shame, because I want Groves to win. 

• Paid Members

Instinct say Eubank, but i still dont think hes mixed with anyone near as good as Groves (barring Saunders early on). Eubank has sold himself brilliantly in recent years with the carefully selected fights and the social media clips, the jury is still out though and this fight will show if hes legit.

Groves wins this i believe, has advantages on size, power, experience. The only thing i believe Eubank may have an advantage on is his composure throughout a 12 round fight. I can see there being a few hairy monents for GG but overall i think hel win a points decision. Hope he does as well. Him v Callum Smith will be an interesting match if Smith wins his fight.

How do people think Eubanks beats Groves? Points? Knockout?

Edited by Porkchopcash