Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

that's how i was seeing it, i ain't seen anything of Donaire since Nicholas Walters whiped him out, but's won and lost another title since. He's getting up there in there and age so it's basically his last hurrah, if the Frampton who fought Horacio Garcia turns up though, who knows what might happen. Good fight.

Eddie Hearn has announced this badboy too, it won't be one for the purists...

26733392_1821884977823579_71951786075368

• Paid Members

It's amusing that Whyte is brown, and Browne is white. Are there any boxers called Black, Green or Grey? You could have them all on the undercard, one of them facing Jason Orange in a celeb freakshow bout.

Edited by Carbomb

Think it’s going to be another top year for fights, you already have signed.....

Eubank/Groves,(winner to fight Callum Smith, more than likely) Joshua/Parker, Haye/Bellew, Canelo/GGG, Whyte/Brown, Okolie/Chamberlain. And thats only up until May, the potential fights involving Khan, Brook, Frampton, Selby, Warrington, Tyson Fury, Degale. 

Looking forward to seeing the continuing progress of Daniel Dubios. 

Boxing has upped it’s game in the last couple of years.

• Paid Members

Is Golovkin-Canelo 2 officially signed then? Read a couple of days ago that it still wasn't 100% done yet? 

I really like Daniel Dubois as well. It's all early days obviously and you can't get too carried away too soon. But he ticks all the boxes so far. Frightening power, intimidating looking and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He's still only 20 as well. In theory he's nowhere near reaching his potential yet, which is almost as scary as some of his knockouts. He was on Bunce's Boxing Hour on Friday and you can tell he's still a bit uncomfortable doing that kind of thing. He seems really shy in interviews and stuff. The only time he really livened up was when Bunce and Barry Jones were bigging up his younger sister's boxing potential. I'm sure his confidence will grow with time with doing the media.

I've heard and read the odd critic, in person and online, saying he's only knocking bums over and this and that. It's easy to forget looking at him, but he is still a kid. I completely agreed with what Barry Jones was saying on Buncey's show that he'd be fine with just feeding Dubois another 10 bodies just for experience. There's no rush. He's got bags and bags of time. We've seen what can happen when a young fighter gets too much success too quick and it rarely ends well. I guess the problem with taking it slow with a guy like Dubois though, is that opponents are going to be thin on the ground now everyone knows how dangerous he is. 

There's another Warren/Box Nation show on Feb 10th with Dubois, Anthony Yarde, Bradley Skeete and Zolani Tete all on there. 

Couple of weird fights announced this week

Billy Joe Saunders coming off possibly the best performance of his career and calling out all the top guns is now defending his title against Martin Murray on 14th April 

Also David Price returns (and probably gets slaughtered) against Alexander Povetkin on the Joshua/Parker undercard

• Paid Members
On 21/01/2018 at 7:49 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I guess Frank Warren couldn't make the Golovkin fight for BJS so he has got himself another payday in the meantime. 

Price has to KO Povetkin in 2 rounds. After that his stamina is gone. 

yeh the idea is to keep Saunders activece so he stays in shape because he tends to let himself go. 

Id like to see Price/Povetkin, despite not seeming to have the chin to survive in the division you cant fault David Price's desire, more guts than brains that bloke.

Did anyone see Spence/Peterson last weekend? one of the finest examples of someone killing the body first then the head. Spence gave Peterson a bit of beating.