Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 14/01/2018 at 3:30 PM, wandshogun09 said:

There's another Warren/Box Nation show on Feb 10th with Dubois, Anthony Yarde, Bradley Skeete and Zolani Tete all on there. 

shows been cancelled. Tete and Dubois are injured and they couldnt find an opponent for Skeete.

• Paid Members

Wilder vs Ortiz is going to be shown live on Sky Sports in March. 

What's the latest on GGG vs Canelo 2? Any progress there at all? I keep hearing that they're targeting May 5th which makes sense for obvious reasons with it being a big Mexican holiday, but it still hasn't been confirmed yet, has it? 

If it gets made for May 5th that'll mean we get Golovkin vs Canelo 2 and Bellew vs Haye 2 on the same night. 

• Paid Members
On 27/01/2018 at 11:15 AM, wandshogun09 said:

Wilder vs Ortiz is going to be shown live on Sky Sports in March. 

What's the latest on GGG vs Canelo 2? Any progress there at all? I keep hearing that they're targeting May 5th which makes sense for obvious reasons with it being a big Mexican holiday, but it still hasn't been confirmed yet, has it? 

If it gets made for May 5th that'll mean we get Golovkin vs Canelo 2 and Bellew vs Haye 2 on the same night. 

still no official announcement but it seems to be just a case of announcing it. Watched and interview with Fish Eyes Warren the other day and he mentioned May 5th for it like it was a done deal.

Yep, Usyk/Briedis was some scrap. It lacked any real swings in momentum to make it a genuine FOTY style fight but the pace at which it was fought for 2 big guys was impressive, technical too. I think the right man got the nod. Usyk is a beast. Tony Bellew wants to be thankful that he got out of the division before coming up against these guys.

• Paid Members

I think you are right Egg, right man got the nod. Just did the better work and landed the cleaner punches. Wouldn't mind seeing it again after the super series has finished. 

Old Ronald Mackintosh is a bloody awful commentator isn't he. So wooden in his delivery you'd swear his dad was called Geppetto. 

• Paid Members

Yeh he's shocking, hes the only thing letting down ITV's coverage. It doesn't help that he's on his own but the bloke doesn't shut up, he clearly knows his shit but if id drunk a shot for every time he said "high class operators" i'd still be pissed.

• Paid Members

i thought the same thing when i saw the name, but i'll give Khan a pass considering the layoff and the manner in which he lost his last fight. Plus, if a tune up like that is what it takes to get Khan/Brook together in the summer, i'm all for it.

Confirmed also that Josh Warrington will fight Lee Selby at Elland Road on May 19th.

Edited by Egg Shen