*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

That Sunday Night Heat clip is great. Never seen it before, so anything new from that era is always a pleasure. Must download  some 2000 era heats. With that roster, there must be some gems tucked away. "Right Foot My Arse" could have been a massive catchphrase if they ran with it. Everything got over at the time, and that one definitely could have. All the marketing they could have done. Bulldog could have had a single out.

"I got fifty Bentley's in the West Indies"

201112021347484179.jpg

"Right foot my arse!"

smith_daveyboy_oct31-sun.jpg

"I got a pocket full of cheese and a garden full of trees"

220px-WyclefJean08TIFF.jpg

"Right foot my arse!"

mons.jpg

• Paid Members

Didn't know about this one until I stumbled upon it on the WrestlingClassics.com board. In 1999, Barry Darsow (kayfabe) got amnesia and wrestled as former gimmicks from his past. A hybrid of Smash was used a few weeks later supposedly. Also wrestled as the Blacktop Bully. Here he is wrestling as Krusher Kruschchev against Al Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTRej6vOCuM

ADDED: Took place before Russo came in as well.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

That's news to me too, must have passed me by. Presuming that came in the wake of the nixing of the "Stewart Pain" golf gimmick when Payne Stewart passed away?

Incidentally, the thing that struck me whilst watching is that in 1999 Darsow would have been 40 (looked that up, I've not memorised his birthday) & looked like, and was perceived as, an old dude. That's only a couple of years older than Cena & Lesnar are right now.

• Paid Members

Incidentally, the thing that struck me whilst watching is that in 1999 Darsow would have been 40 (looked that up, I've not memorised his birthday) & looked like, and was perceived as, an old dude. That's only a couple of years older than Cena & Lesnar are right now.

Old then seemed older than old now. Batista and Triple H are a couple of years older than Hogan & Savage were when Vince was doing those Nacho Man & Huckster pisstakes.

Batista was fifty when he started training though. Some wrestlers just look old for their age, and some look younger than their age. Near enough everybody wrestling in the eighties aged about three decades in one. Michael Hayes was in his mid thirties when he became Dok Hendrix. It's not always even from wrestling, either. Look at school photos of Hulk Hogan, he looks like a paedophile snuck in. And there's the likes of Edge, 40 but could pass for 30.