AEW Forbidden Door 2024 Discussion

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Watching that ladder match it's pretty clear that if they just ditched Don Callis and had Takeshita as a babyface going around murdering fools wherever he went he'd be an absolutely huge star for them.

14 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Watching that ladder match it's pretty clear that if they just ditched Don Callis and had Takeshita as a babyface going around murdering fools wherever he went he'd be an absolutely huge star for them.

I said it months and months ago but Takeshita has been ready to be a main event player for ages.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I said it months and months ago but Takeshita has been ready to be a main event player for ages.

I don't know about you Merzy but I get the feeling that Takeshita is going to be a main event player, just not in AEW. He is going to be the man in New Japan at some point isn't he, unless they have some sort of "Reverse Albert" situation where Takeshita is only considered "Good in the USA' by the New Japan higher ups.Ā 

• Paid Members

Having now caught up with the whole show my moaning about do we still need Forbidden Door every year seemed redundant. None of the matches disappointed, very happy with the results, another knockout PPV.

Intrigued by the new January show in Japan. Wonder if they will go all the way and tape Dynamite out there as well.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I don't know about you Merzy but I get the feeling that Takeshita is going to be a main event player, just not in AEW. He is going to be the man in New Japan at some point isn't he, unless they have some sort of "Reverse Albert" situation where Takeshita is only considered "Good in the USA' by the New Japan higher ups.Ā 

Yeah, given their current situation at the top of the card, you've got to imagine NJPW will pour a Mt. Fuji sized pile of yen into Takeshita's front yard to persuade him to decide he fancies moving home, as soon as they can.Ā 

20 minutes ago, Statto said:

Yeah, given their current situation at the top of the card, you've got to imagine NJPW will pour a Mt. Fuji sized pile of yen into Takeshita's front yard to persuade him to decide he fancies moving home, as soon as they can.Ā 

When I first read that, I read it as Mr Fuji instead of mount Fuji.

Now I'm trying to imagine a statue of Mr Fuji made out of Yen ?

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Having now caught up with the whole show my moaning about do we still need Forbidden Door every year seemed redundant. None of the matches disappointed, very happy with the results, another knockout PPV.

Intrigued by the new January show in Japan. Wonder if they will go all the way and tape Dynamite out there as well.

I hope so, big fan of the Japanese Ring Announcer, bring him in full time to AEW.

Swerve and Ospreay, that was just brilliant. Swerve has risen to the challenge of being World Champ, and Ospreay is probably the best wrestler in the world. Absolute magic.

Echoing the love for Takeshita, Blue Thunder Bomb on Phantasmo was awesome, and I'm all in for a Takeshita having a great G1 and then coming back to be a Main Eventer.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I do not believe thatĀ WWE would have done anything of the sort to Okada. Unless I've missed Okada being a comedy jobber and being eaten by a shark, AEW haven't done that to Okada either. I'm glad nobody's done that to Okada. I'm glad AEW have let Okada show the world how funny he can be as well. It's good to be glad about things.Ā 

Edited by JLM

2 hours ago, JLM said:

I do not believe thatĀ WWE would have done anything of the sort to Okada. Unless I've missed Okada being a comedy jobber and being eaten by a shark, AEW haven't done that to Okada either. I'm glad nobody's done that to Okada. I'm glad AEW have let Okada show the world how funny he can be as well. It's good to be glad about things.Ā 

Under the current version of WWE, I imagine he would of gone to NXT and ruled it with an iron fist as NXT champion.Ā 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

He is going to be the man in New Japan at some point isn't he, unless they have some sort of "Reverse Albert" situation where Takeshita is only considered "Good in the USA' by the New Japan higher ups.Ā 

Ā 

14 hours ago, Statto said:

Is he not still under contract to DDT?