• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I haven't got time for translation, I'm on the phone to a family member in Gouda to help. 

Nobody gives Edam

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

NO MORE PUNS

Rishi was 9 when Sky first launched, unless he was desperate to watch The Simpsons or Police Academy 6, he’s talking rollocks. Although I also read a thing saying that SKy and BSB were seen as working class things because the satellite dishes looked so ugly on houses they were not adopted by the wealthy. And as we all know he had no working class friends anyway so I bet he was upset no one would tape Superstars of Wrestling and The Simpsons for him anyway, 

the beginning of this, after what we later found out about him bunking off the D-Day celebrations early, looks even worse 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Rollocks to SB

17 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Supertanskii is the best advert for becoming a Tory they've had since she got a Twitter.

Nah come on now mate, that's REALLY unfair. Unless you go and donate to the website showing you how to tactically vote, how will we ever know what to do? 

It's not a grift. Honestly!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Rishi was 9 when Sky first launched, unless he was desperate to watch The Simpsons or Police Academy 6, he’s talking rollocks.

He's not much older than me. I still remember the glorious morning I woke up to find my dad had got a dish installed as a surprise and watched shite on Sky Movies all day. It was amazing. Say what you want about Sunak but I'll not have you maligning satellite TV. Granted we lived abroad at the time so I was starved of English language programming prior to that, but still.

• Paid Members
Just now, no user name said:

@FLips I think its worth voting for the greens if you genuinely like them. I know some people will say it's a wasted vote but the more people who vote the more it influences others to vote for them. They could have more influence in future elections. 

After reading the manifesto in detail it's very hard to see it ever working, but with the Greens that isn't so much the point. The smaller stuff they're aiming for, and their general approach to the country and the environment is certainly commendable. Like with the other manifestos, there are things I like and things I don't, but voting for them is moreso to get some of them into parliament so they can influence presumably the next Labour government.

I very much agree with taxing the more well-off their fair share, nationalising utilities and protecting our wildlife and nature. Massively funding the NHS is another big plus for me. I agree partly with some other policies but don't necessarily think they're approaching them correctly, e.g. abolishing trident completely where I would have preferred just moving extra funding from it, or getting rid of the Right to Buy scheme which could have been reworked to stop multiple properties being owned or taxing landlords more rather than stopping everyone using it. I think they're overly ambitious with how they'll fund things as well.

They're never winning the election outright though so the aim is to get them into government for those smaller and more negotiable targets to be brought to the table.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, no user name said:

I don't know everything about sunacs upbringing. From what I have read his dad was a gp and his mum owned a chemist.

Where have you read that?

7 minutes ago, Duke said:

Where have you read that?

It’s pretty much common knowledge to be fair, they were. Although they did come from wealth themselves. The vast majority of Sunaks wealth is from his wife’s family. 

No idea what Starmers parents did though. 

• Paid Members

It's On his Wikipedia to be fair Dukey. I had read before that his dad was a GP and his mum owned a pharmacy though. They are pretty decent paying jobs but he didn't get mega rich until he was a hedge fund manager at Goldman which made him a millionaire, but his wife is bringing most of the money to them.