Shite events posters

Gus Mears

Some of Bobby's more recent work. His finest hour. 

Working mens clubs are an absolute goldmine for shit event posters. Living in former coal country I see them everywhere. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any that are especially brilliant. 

Edited by Donald J Trump
Skill issue

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

bef2f6d4e4614ae09c6d10276b3a48e8.thumb.jpeg.e8e7a7df0dde2450b053e27ff441388f.jpeg

Insert your venue details in the white box and watch the crowds flock in. 

“It’s Kriz Garrick!”

”Who?”

”Ex-lead vocalist of BC Sweet.”

”Who?”

34 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

“It’s Kriz Garrick!”

”Who?”

”Ex-lead vocalist of BC Sweet.”

”Who?”

I love those bands who either have placeholder names because of litigation or lost the case for ownership of the name so have something similar, or one member who was in the original band for a year or two so it’s “Their version of famous band”. Some great squabbles and petty hatred. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I love those bands who either have placeholder names because of litigation or lost the case for ownership of the name so have something similar, or one member who was in the original band for a year or two so it’s “Their version of famous band”. Some great squabbles and petty hatred. 

Not to go all On Topic, but shades of Axis The Demolisher.

After 5 minutes of "research", there are apparently 3 versions of this band. The "BC" in BC Sweet refers to Brian Connelly I believe, who was their lead vocalist. Our man Kriz Garrick thinks he was the lead vocalist. Perhaps the truth lies in the murky ambiguity of which band is which and he was the lead vocalist in BC Sweet Wolfpac. It would be a crying shame if we had an imposter on our hands. 

1 minute ago, Donald J Trump said:

After 5 minutes of "research", there are apparently 3 versions of this band. The "BC" in BC Sweet refers to Brian Connelly I believe, who was their lead vocalist. Our man Kriz Garrick thinks he was the lead vocalist. Perhaps the truth lies in the murky ambiguity of which band is which and he was the lead vocalist in BC Sweet Wolfpac. It would be a crying shame if we had an imposter on our hands. 

I reckon he took over vocals of BC after Big Bri  drank himself to death, or at least was in them for a while. There were two versions of Sweet warring with each other at one point. Right Netflix docuseries waiting to happen with them.  Brian Connelys ex is now shacked up in Spain with one of his former band mates!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Can't let talk of band schisms go without mentioning the incredible Trouble at the Top documentary about rival Bucks Fizz incarnations. Somehow David Van Day of Dollar got rights to the Fizz name, and as Taylor Parkes once described "laid his evil eggs" inside the band. Top notch telly. 

Edited by gmoney