Shite events posters

Gus Mears

1 minute ago, gmoney said:

Can't let talk of band schisms go without mentioning the incredible Trouble at the Top documentary about rival Bucks Fizz incarnations. Somehow David Van Day of Dollar got rights to the Fizz name, and as Taylor Parkes once described "layed his evil eggs" inside the band. Top notch telly. 

That reminds me of when TV Burp covered Celebrity Coach Trip and Harry Hill was saying how he liked how people made it clear it was never personal when it came to nominating who should leave. Cut to Cheryl Baker saying “I vote David and David, it is personal, you’re a vile man” or words to that effect. Will have to check that documentary out as it sounds brilliant!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That reminds me of when TV Burp covered Celebrity Coach Trip and Harry Hill was saying how he liked how people made it clear it was never personal when it came to nominating who should leave. Cut to Cheryl Baker saying “I vote David and David, it is personal, you’re a vile man” or words to that effect. Will have to check that documentary out as it sounds brilliant!

Enjoy! 

Edit: Fuck it, gonna watch this again tonight. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Donald J Trump said:

After 5 minutes of "research", there are apparently 3 versions of this band. The "BC" in BC Sweet refers to Brian Connelly I believe, who was their lead vocalist. Our man Kriz Garrick thinks he was the lead vocalist. Perhaps the truth lies in the murky ambiguity of which band is which and he was the lead vocalist in BC Sweet Wolfpac. It would be a crying shame if we had an imposter on our hands. 

Full disclosure. I know Kriz a little bit. He was a friend of my dad back in the 80s/90s. I say friend, I mean they used to drink in the same pubs and clubs. If you look at the top of the poster it says Noel Gee Associates. Noel was another friend of my dad's, and was in a band with him for quite a while, and I knew him a bit more. Noel is trying very hard to be respectable these days but back in the day he was known as Nick it Noel, because if it wasn't nailed down he would nick it. I once saw him go across the road from a working men's club to nick a set of ladders off a building site, take them in the club and use them to take down a lighting rig, and then put the ladders and the rig in his van and drive off. Him and my dad once nicked two fully bound up tea chests off Hull docks thinking they must be worth a fortune. They had five thousand British Rail teaspoons in each one. So it does not surprise me that they both put their names to BC Sweet Black And White or whoever the band is. 

33 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Full disclosure. I know Kriz a little bit. He was a friend of my dad back in the 80s/90s. I say friend, I mean they used to drink in the same pubs and clubs. If you look at the top of the poster it says Noel Gee Associates. Noel was another friend of my dad's, and was in a band with him for quite a while, and I knew him a bit more. Noel is trying very hard to be respectable these days but back in the day he was known as Nick it Noel, because if it wasn't nailed down he would nick it. I once saw him go across the road from a working men's club to nick a set of ladders off a building site, take them in the club and use them to take down a lighting rig, and then put the ladders and the rig in his van and drive off. Him and my dad once nicked two fully bound up tea chests off Hull docks thinking they must be worth a fortune. They had five thousand British Rail teaspoons in each one. So it does not surprise me that they both put their names to BC Sweet Black And White or whoever the band is. 

Two things - This is exactly the kind of thing I want to see when I stumble into corners of the internet like this. 

In 2024, scoring big with 10000 British Rail Teaspoons would be hitting the jackpot. Not so much back when guys like Kriz Garrick were on their pomp. 

11 hours ago, gmoney said:

Can't let talk of band schisms go without mentioning the incredible Trouble at the Top documentary about rival Bucks Fizz incarnations. Somehow David Van Day of Dollar got rights to the Fizz name, and as Taylor Parkes once described "laid his evil eggs" inside the band. Top notch telly. 

I was lucky enough to see both versions in the same year around 1997/1998. No Cheryl, the fit one or even Shelly Preston in sight. The Bobby G version I saw in Butlins Skegness, with full support act from Stephen Mulhearn.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I was lucky enough to see both versions in the same year around 1997/1998. No Cheryl, the fit one or even Shelly Preston in sight. The Bobby G version I saw in Butlins Skegness, with full support act from Stephen Mulhearn.

Nothing like just casually sticking the king of light entertainment at the bottom, like seeing Steve Mulhearn bringing the house down at Butlins isn't one of the best things anyone's ever seen. 

Imagine the confidence you'd need to even consider trying a prank like that on such a big platform with Ali as the sucker. Aside from the possibility that the routine might bomb, there's a chance you either put the champ in an early grave or trigger an instinctive face punching. He pulled it off really well though, and Ali was a good sport as he often was at that stage of his life. Never did enjoy much of Parky though.