Celebs Who You And Your Family Have Nearly Killed.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Disturbingly, but perhaps unsurprisingly for this place, not the very niche topic I was expecting,

It could easily have been called Celebs I've nearly hit in a car, which for me would include Ian Dowie, but it was in a car park and I was doing less than 5mph so I can't claim I nearly killed him. 

• Awards Moderator

I haven’t ever nearly run over anyone, but I was once showing Walt Jr from Breaking Bad round my work and he walked head first into a mirror he didn’t realise was a mirror. That could have caused a fatal concussion I guess. That’s as close as I can get and when else will I get to use that anecdote?

• Paid Members

Bez.  Twice.  Both at the big crossroads in Chorlton.  2nd Tim he stumbled in shock and had to grab the front of my car.  Both times he just did a big smile and gave me the double thumbs up.

James Nesbit on Spath Road in Didsbury.  They do a lot of filming there, and he just stepped out in front of me.  Looked genuinely sheepish and apologised.

Nearly set fire to Jason Orange at a party in Benchill in 1985.  He was under a pile of coats dry-humping my mates ex-girlfriend, so we set a smoke bomb off and one of the coats took light.  Me and another mate dragged them out and he was so great full until he realised we’d set it off.  Got mouthy but didn’t do anything  about it, soft bastard.

16 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Nearly set fire to Jason Orange at a party in Benchill in 1985.  He was under a pile of coats dry-humping my mates ex-girlfriend, so we set a smoke bomb off and one of the coats took light.  Me and another mate dragged them out and he was so great full until he realised we’d set it off.  Got mouthy but didn’t do anything  about it, soft bastard.

Jason YELLOW more like!!!

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

Just in Abroad when the writers were subtly trying to tell him he was an alcoholic.

He didn't take the hint and never made another Carry On.

His firing was also due to him having a massive ego. He regularly clashed with the producers because he wasn't getting top billing. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Egghead CJ

Off topic, but the first time I ever saw him on TV I Googled to see who the hell he was, and his Wikipedia page had been completely wiped apart from the words:

”C. J. de Mooi is a vile little turd”

6 hours ago, Surf Digby said:

His firing was also due to him having a massive ego. He regularly clashed with the producers because he wasn't getting top billing. 

That happened much earlier on Cruising. Something to do with the size of the star on his dressing room door IIRC.

He was sacked from that one and replaced by Lance Perceval.

By all accounts Hawtry was an awful person to be around (and there are underlying reasons for that).

There are stories of him drinking himself into unconsciousness in his local and the other patrons taking turns to spit on him. That's how unpopular he was!

• Paid Members

Whilst on holiday in New York a few years ago we were walking past a cinema (sorry, “movie theatre”) and people were either side of red velvet ropes. My girlfriend and I didn’t really know who or what they were waiting for, so just strolled on. We hear commotion, turn around, only to see my girlfriend’s mum nearly deck Jeremy Irons walking into him. He had pulled up in a black SUV, and turns out he was there for the Assassin’s Creed premiere.

Other way round but Peter Beardsley nearly killed me gunning his BMW at ridiculous speeds in my college car park.

It was when he was at Hartlepool and they used to use our sports facilities instead of an actual training facility.

I mean playing devil's advocate I can't blame him, I was in a hurry to get out of Peterlee as well.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

Other way round but Peter Beardsley nearly killed me gunning his BMW at ridiculous speeds in my college car park.

If we're going down the road of "celebs" nearly maiming one of us, Toby Anstis once accidentally pushed me to the floor in Toys R Us in Wood Green as he was being rushed to turn on the Christmas lights and I cut my head on one of the shelves. After the parmedics checked me over (not sure why we didn't go to A&E, different time), the manager was so worked up about the potential complaint that might be forthcoming they let me have a £50 voucher and any one toy I wanted from the shop that day. 

No apology from Anstis though. Although I'm not sure he even realised it happened. 

2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

As I said, Hounslow, Brentford, no further explanation needed. 

Listen you need to calm down, otherwise me, Burning Red and the Kurupt FM lot will have to come find you.

Edited by SuperBacon
Spells