Celebs Who You And Your Family Have Nearly Killed.

• Paid Members

Inspired by @gmoney in the croaking it thread. Celebs you or your family have nearly killed. 

My mum nearly ran over Sven Goran Eriksson when he was manager at Leicester. His car had a flat tyre and he was getting out to look at it and she nearly cleaned him up. 

Maybe this could have gone in the things your family have done thread but this is more specific. 

• Paid Members

As mentioned in the croak thread, my grandfather in law nearly iced both Greg Proops and Jared Leto. Proops was crossing a street in SoHo without looking, and gave a comical shocked reaction when grandpa stopped about an inch short of him.

Leto stepped backwards out of some big SUV type vehicle, right in front of  the car. Barely seemed to notice Grandpa swerving to avoid him.

11 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Wasn't Charles drunk most of the time. I'm not a Carry On expert like some on here, but wasn't his character always drunk in the films as a matter of expediency. 

Just in Abroad when the writers were subtly trying to tell him he was an alcoholic.

He didn't take the hint and never made another Carry On.

• Paid Members

I nearly killed BBC Look East (and later CNN) anchor Kate Riley several years ago as I exited the delicatessen opposite my office. She was so small, I just didn't see her and almost pushed her into the road and infront of a car.

We actually stayed in touch for few years afterwards, as she somehow found me on Twitter.

I almost drove into Gail Platt from Coronation Street's car when she pulled out of a petrol station right in front of me. I saw her looking and I immediately thought to myself "oh look, it's Gail Platt", then the next thing I knew I was slamming the brakes on to avoid going into the side of her car. There's no question I would have hit her if I hadn't stopped, and for all I know she may well have died from her injuries. Just a few months later, and indeed just a few streets away from the Gail Platt incident, I was almost killed by Toyah Battersby when she pulled out of a side street into the main road without slowing down / stopping / looking.