Wrestling shows you've been to

no user name

My first wrestling show was all in. Unless you count a couple of matches at a holiday sight when I was young. That's the only one I've been to so far but I'm going to watch pro rev on Sunday to see will ospreys last match. I'm really looking forward to it.

What was your first wrestling show and which other ones have you been to?

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, no user name said:

What was your first wrestling show and which other ones have you been to?

My first show was this house show in Telford - which is a truly random town for the Excellence Of Execution to make the first defence of his second WWF title reign, but there you go ;

FRIDAY 25TH MARCH 1994 * WWF UK TOUR * TELFORD
(1) Kwang pinned Koko B Ware (spinning heel kick)
(2) Earthquake pinned IRS (Earthquake)
(3) Diesel pinned 1-2-3 Kid (big boot)
(4) Bam Bam Bigelow pinned Tatanka (schoolboy)
(5) Jeff Jarrett pinned Doink
(6) The Quebecers beat Men On A Mission TAG TITLE
(7) Bret Hart pinned Owen Hart (small package) WWF TITLE

Just that one, and 140 or so more over the course of the next 25 years. I'll spare you the details but they've been as diverse as watching in a pub in Lower Gornal just because a friend's cousin (Dave Moralez/Mastiff) was wrestling, and Wrestle Kingdom at the Dome.

On 2/13/2024 at 10:01 PM, no user name said:

He better not  get injured in the meantime I payed £50 just to watch osprey. 

33 minutes ago, no user name said:

That's the only one I've been to so far but I'm going to watch pro rev on Sunday to see will ospreys last match.

Is he fighting Legend Of Doom?

I saw some WWF UK shows as a kid. I vaguely remember seeing Bam Bam Bigelow, Doink, Crush, Owen Hart and the Steiners. I also saw Yokozuna sat on a steel chair wearing a blue and white kimono thing. Fuck knows how it supported his weight. I was at NXT Takeover in Cardiff and was lucky enough to see Rhea Ripley have a surprise match against Piper Niven. After seeing Rhea in person, everything in my life is downhill after that. I was also at Clash At The Castle, sat in the last but one row. A great show, ruined by Tyson Fury singing with muppet Drew.

There was also a local show in a leisure centre with a Hawk from Legion Of Doom knockoff and a Power Ranger. It was shit.

• Paid Members

The only one I've been to was on a holiday camp in Great Yarmouth. The only two I can remember being on the show were Arachnaman, except sadly it wasn't Brad Armstrong under the outifit, and Rory Campbell. Campbell, it turns out after a quick Google search, is now a convicted rapist.

Not sure how to break that to my young brother who got invited in the ring to kick the heel he was wrestling in the shin.

My first one was this. I haven't thought about it in ages but looking at that card, I'm surprised I stayed a fan for this long.

European Rampage Again Tour (London) - April 14,1992 at the Wembley Arena in London, England.

• Owen Hart defeated Skinner
  • The Big Boss Man defeated The Berzerker
  • Butch defeated Irwin R. Schyster
  • Virgil defeated The Warlord
  • Rick Martel defeated The Texas Tornado
  • Tatanka defeated Kato
  • Sid Justice fought The Undertaker to a Double Count Out

... especially considering the night before got this:

• Repo Man defeated El Matador
  • The Legion Of Doom (Animal & Hawk) defeated The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags)
  • Sgt. Slaughter defeated Col. Mustafa
  • The British Bulldog defeated Ric Flair
  • Bret Hart (c) fought Shawn Michaels to a Double Count Out. Bret Hart retained the WWF Intercontinental Championship
  • Jim Duggan defeated Dino Bravo
  • Randy Savage (c) defeated The Mountie to retain the WWF Championship

Starting to think my parents hated me. Or the tickets sold faster for that first one, which I suppose would be more logical and less personal.

My first one was at a holiday camp in Weymouth around the time of SummerSlam 1992. It had Robbie Brookside on it and a big hillbilly guy who 'farted' when his opponent applied the pressure on a submission hold. That's all I can remember.

My first non-holiday camp show was at the (sadly now-closed) Winter Gardens in Margate. It had Davey Boy Smith on it and I remember thinking there was no way Davey was going to show up in Margate - and he did! I got a picture with him afterwards.

Beyond that, genuinely, there have been way too many to count.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Starting to think my parents hated me. Or the tickets sold faster for that first one, which I suppose would be more logical and less personal.

Or they took you on the Tuesday night because they didn't want to miss Brookside. Understandable.

My first was in October 1991 in Birmingham, I only really remember a couple of bits of it like my mum screaming "I love you Shawn" and my dad getting pissed off.

Jim Duggan defeated Typhoon

The Big Boss Man defeated The Mountie by Count Out

Ric Flair defeated The Texas Tornado

The Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) defeated Power and Glory (Hercules & Paul Roma)

The Undertaker defeated Roddy Piper by DQ

El Matador defeated The Barbarian

The Legion Of Doom (Animal & Hawk) (c) defeated The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) to retain the WWF Tag Team Championship

The British Bulldog defeated Earthquake

I wish I could remember Taker vs Piper as that's a weird match you wouldn't expect.

I went to a couple of holiday camp shows in the late 90s, one in Cleethorpes in 1997, one somewhere in Cornwall in 1999, but I don't know who was on them, I wish I did.

The first show I properly went to was All Star Wrestling in 2001, which had Tatanka, Nigel McGuinness, Joe Legend, and the future Kizarny on.   I'd been a fan for 10 years by that point - I really wish I'd been able to go to shows in the 90s.

The first WWE show I went to was Insurrextion 2002.  Absolutely loved it after being a fan for so long at that point.

• Awards Moderator

I've only been to a handful. The first was WWE WrestleMania Revenge in Newcastle, which had Billy Kidman vs. Rhyno, John Cena vs. JBL and a main event of Eddie Guerrero vs. Big Show. 

Three other WWE shows - the same tour in '06, with JBL facing Chris Benoit this time, Tatanka vs. Animal, Finlay vs. William Regal I think and a main event of Rey Mysterio vs. Mark Henry vs. Kurt Angle or maybe Randy Orton. If only there was some sort of place I could check the happenings of house shows.

One more of those in 2017, which I went to to see Shinsuke Nakamura. I didn't know it'd be against Dolph Ziggler. That one also had Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens, Luke Harper vs. Erick Rowan and a main event of AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. Why Is Jinder Mahal In The Main Event.

I remember the NXT show in Newcastle much more clearly. Samoa Joe vs. Apollo Crews, The Revival vs. American Alpha, PAC vs. Baron Corbin, and a main event of Finn Balor vs. Sami Zayn.

Been to the occasional indy show, admittedly mostly the Dan Fitch ones because he loved an import (or borrowing them from 1PW).

The first one had PAC and Spud as part of a high fliers six way, Joe Legend vs. Jonny Storm, Sheamus vs. D'Lo Brown (and Assassin? I think) and a main event of Raven vs. Austin Aries which had a Sandman run-in. Second one featured Honky Tonk Man, Shark Boy was also there, and then PAC vs. either Jody Fleisch or Spud - one of those happened on the third show, which featured Christian Cage. There was a non-Fitch one which was meant to have D'Lo, Spike Dudley and Road Dogg but only the last one showed up, and then one more on the night of WrestleMania 23 where we got Jon Heidenreich, possibly Sheamus again and a couple of NOAH guys including Taiji Ishimori. General Trent Steel vs Iceman featured an anti-UKFF promo that convinced me to finally join this place.

The last one I went to was All In London, and that's definitely the best show I've seen live. 

• Paid Members

Only 2 for me. 

First was a WWF house show in December 1993 at the NEC in Birmingham. It had a Taker vs Yoko main event, Savage vs Shawn, Razor vs IRS, 123 Kid vs Model and Adam Bomb squashing Virgil so fast we missed it queueing for ice cream. 

Second was in 94 when Bulldog was doing his UK tour between big fed stints. He was gone from WCW and gearing up for his WWF return. Can’t remember anything about the show other than having my photo taken with him after (that I can’t find anymore) and the surreal moment of seeing Davey Boy casually chatting with my dad and me being quite shocked that my shortarse old man was about the same height as him. That was the only similarity though. Bulldog’s arms looked cartoonishly big, his back looked wide enough to park a car on and his tan was at David Dickinson level. Looked like a wardrobe that had been heavily varnished.