Just been reminded of a band called English Teacher in the gig thread, and recall seeing the most dreadful band name recently and that's Borough Council. BOROUGH COUNCIL!!! They might be the best band in the world but I'll never be listening to them. The absolute state of it.

Other ones that have upset me recently are Soft Play, Personal Trainer and The Snuts, as it's just an annoying word to say.

Jealous Nostril another shite one. 

Off to shout at clouds and form a band called Repairs Department, or the In-Trays. 

Edited by SuperBacon
Boldy

Just remembered this band my 14yo loves called Cigarettes After Sex. Have some shame you absolute nobs.

She finds it so cringe she calls them CAS, but I did once see a tweet saying a British version could be Fags After Shags which did make me laugh.

The Front Bottoms another horrifically embarrassing one.

I found out about a band called Lottery Winners which I thought was an awful name. But then I found this little snippet about them and felt less annoyed:

"The following week, the album broke the all-time record of the biggest second week drop from No.1 in the UK album charts, when the album vacated the top 200 altogether selling 880 copies. The previous record was only set the week prior when Enter Shikari dropped to No.126 from the summit."

99% of metal bands. 

1 minute ago, wordsfromlee said:

I found out about a band called Lottery Winners which I thought was an awful name

It suits them. Singer is one of those who tries to be a frontman and tries to be a comedian but fails at both. I was in a minority though as the crowd seemed to love them. The bass player was really good though, totally carried them. 

Hard Fi. It doesn’t mean anything and it’s stupid, plus their music is unbearably shit.

Scouting for girls. Announcing yourself with the biggest of sex pest red flags and the worsest of music. Terrible.

Pigeon detectives. Rubbish.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Just been reminded of a band called English Teacher in the gig thread, and recall seeing the most dreadful band name recently and that's Borough Council. BOROUGH COUNCIL!!! They might be the best band in the world but I'll never be listening to them.

Conversely, I heard of a punk band with the name Lambeth Borough Council, which is awesome, because it's based on some survey done a few years ago that concluded that Lambeth was the angriest place in the UK.

An acquaintance (perfectly nice guy, but not close and not seen him in ages) is one of those London white-boy guitar rock guys, and consequently fronts a band called The Maida Vales. Fuck's sake.