Good Wrestling Twitter 2024

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

I've never heard of this guy, but he's made me a fan with this video right here. He has another funny one pinned to his profile, just really good stuff.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Nick James said:

I've never heard of this guy, but he's made me a fan with this video right here. He has another funny one pinned to his profile, just really good stuff.

That’s excellent. I already enjoyed seeing him on Rampage because he was very tall. But I really hope they keep bringing him back now, if there can be more videos like this. Loser determined to prove to his wife and dog he’s not a loser. Classic 7-foot underdog story!

It's almost completely forgotten but in early 1994, Johnny Polo/Raven had some cracking chemistry, probably the last good work out of Monsoon as an announcer, like Polo playing a younger wise ass take on the Heenan/Monsoon dynamic. Gorilla seems to really enjoy bouncing off him. 

5 hours ago, Chili said:

It's almost completely forgotten but in early 1994, Johnny Polo/Raven had some cracking chemistry, probably the last good work out of Monsoon as an announcer, like Polo playing a younger wise ass take on the Heenan/Monsoon dynamic. Gorilla seems to really enjoy bouncing off him. 

I think it's from the Bret/Shawn cage match where a boxing discussion occurs along the lines of...

Johnny: "Did you ever used to box, Gorilla?"

Gorilla: "I used to eat guys like you for breakfast."

Johnny: "Yeah, but how did you do in the ring?"

I sometimes wonder that if Johnny had taken the Titan money and just produced and done commentary whether his life would've gone into the drugs and health decline spiral that it did.

On 7/23/2024 at 7:18 AM, davertfnewman said:

I think it's from the Bret/Shawn cage match where a boxing discussion occurs along the lines of...

Johnny: "Did you ever used to box, Gorilla?"

Gorilla: "I used to eat guys like you for breakfast."

Johnny: "Yeah, but how did you do in the ring?"

I sometimes wonder that if Johnny had taken the Titan money and just produced and done commentary whether his life would've gone into the drugs and health decline spiral that it did.

Polo's names for Todd Pettengill were funny too.

'Over to Toad Petti-poop'
'It's Tom Petting Zoo'.

It's obvious that Stevie Richards in 1995-1996 was the goofy side of Scott Levy's personality and Raven was the darker, tortured side. 

42 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Polo's names for Todd Pettengill were funny too.

'Over to Toad Petti-poop'
'It's Tom Petting Zoo'.

It's obvious that Stevie Richards in 1995-1996 was the goofy side of Scott Levy's personality and Raven was the darker, tortured side. 

It's also funny that Gorilla got a lot of Bobby's references, but he was out of touch with Johnny's, which made it funnier when he reacted.

Gorilla: "This is going to be a knock down, drag out affair."

Johnny: "I think it's going to be a knock down, drag out, rock and roll party in the streets."

Then he starts singing the Axe song he's quoted the lyrics from and Gorilla is all "What are you going on about?!".