2024 prediction thread

RedRooster

Vince dies but Shane tears a quad at the funeral and Triple H laughs so hard he needs to get his ticker checked again leading to Stephanie McMahon coming back and eventually ending up in an affair with Nick Khan which the Rock being bezzies with Nick uses as a honey trap so he and Nick Khan can run WWE and the XFL. Cody doesn't finish the story and it's all the fault of CM Punk and William Regal tells you the real truth about what happened between 75 minute anecdotes you didn't ask about.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Actually, there are quite a few three person factions on Smackdown right now, so I’m going to go with - instead of this - the belts becoming brand exclusive to Raw, with Smackdown launching a trios (or three person tag) title. 

RoosterBooster I hope this one doesn't come true. There are already too many belts and there is nothing more pointless than a trios title. 

As for actual predictions. 

Ric Flair will drown in a vat of Woo Energy

Jim Cornette will die of a heart attack when Riho wrestles Orange Cassidy in an intergender match. 

Dave Meltzer will fall out of love with AEW and will give Will Ospreay v Kenny Omega at Wembley 1 star. 

3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

RoosterBooster I hope this one doesn't come true. There are already too many belts and there is nothing more pointless than a trios title. 

I'd be really surprised. They barely know how to book normal tag titles.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RedRooster said:

WWE will sign Daniel Garcia and Ricky Starks

I hadn't considered Garcia going to WWE, I think that's probably unlikely. He doesn't seem to be what they look for. It would be a huge shame if he did. Starks I think is a given and will almost definitely end up in WWE, though I can't see him doing too well. I can imagine him being stuck in NXT in that "hell of a hand" veteran type role that they like to have in the upper mid-card working with upcoming guys.

My prediction for the year is the Young Bucks quit wrestling by the end of 2024.

Edited by LaGoosh

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

My prediction for the year is the Young Bucks quit wrestling by the end of 2024.

I can see that, they're seriously banged up and it does feel like they've fallen out of love with wrestling with the directions AEW has taken.

52 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'd be really surprised. They barely know how to book normal tag titles.

It might just be a coincidence, but on Smackdown you now have Kross/AOP, The OC, The LWO, Lashley/Street Prophets, Escobar/Garza/Carrillo and even Sheamus/Butch/Holland if they choose to reunite. I could see WWE looking at how poorly the trios titles have worked out in AEW, and deciding they could do better. 

13 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I hadn't considered Garcia going to WWE, I think that's probably unlikely. He doesn't seem to be what they look for.

I could see them signing him just to prove that they could, but outside of NXT, I’m not sure he’d make a huge impact. Speaking of Impact, I wouldn’t be completely shocked if TNA were willing to stump up enough money to make jumping ship worthwhile. He’s fairly underutilised in AEW, so I could see the prospect of leaving seeming worth the risk to him. I agree that Starks leaving is probably a given, but I’d be surprised to see him go beyond the level of someone like Dolph Ziggler in WWE. He’s missing something, and I can’t quite put my finger on what that is.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I agree that Starks leaving is probably a given, but I’d be surprised to see him go beyond the level of someone like Dolph Ziggler in WWE. He’s missing something, and I can’t quite put my finger on what that is.

Some wrestlers are in a weird state where they feel too big for the midcard so feel constantly underutilised but also aren't quite good enough to be main eventers so no matter where they are on the card or what they are doing it just doesn't feel like the right fit. Starks, for me, is one of those wrestlers. I like him a lot but I don't buy him as mega star in waiting and wouldn't be hugely fussed to see him leave AEW.

Edited by LaGoosh

It's a difficult one. Starks definitely has something about him. It's just whether they manage to tap into whatever to take him to the next level. Not everyone comes in with guaranteed star written all over them. It can take just one person to see something and focus in on that and make it work. Or just something simple that a crowd latches on to. You just never know what will take someone across that threshold. There's definitely potential.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Some wrestlers are in a weird state where they feel too big for the midcard so feel constantly underutilised but also aren't quite good enough to be main eventers so no matter where they are on the card or what they are doing it just doesn't feel like the right fit. Starks, for me, is one of those wrestlers. I like him a lot but I don't buy him as mega star in waiting and wouldn't be hugely fussed to see him leave AEW.

That’s a really good way of putting it. I suppose my issue with him - why I view him as I do - is that he’s an all-rounder, but he doesn’t excel in any one area. He’s moderately above average in each area, which doesn’t help him stand out as a potential PPV headliner. It’s not like he hasn’t had opportunities either, he just hasn’t stood out when he was given them. He hasn’t had that breakout moment. He absolutely could, and maybe a change in scenery would help achieve that, but I’m certainly doubtful of that. I think there’s much more upside in Big Bill, and I hope Tony Khan gives him an opportunity to prove that in the coming year.

Same goes for Brodie King, compared to Malaki Black. I imagine, when the time comes, Black will return to WWE also, and that could be the best thing to happen to the far-more-watchable King. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

the level of someone like Dolph Ziggler in WWE

That reminds me....

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

Zolph Diggler shows up in AEW. Or TNA. Or both.

... probably wins their version of the World title. That'll put some butts in the seats.

• Paid Members

Here's a few that probably won't happen,. but fuck it:

• Goldberg has a match in AEW
  • Cena and Punk have a match
  • Sasha Banks goes back to WWE
  • Dustin Rhodes goes back to WWE for a final HOF run
  • Gunther wins a version of the world title in Berlin (Probably the Raw one)
  • Sheamus and Drew McIntyre BOTH jump to AEW
  • Swerve wins the AEW title before April. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, mim731 said:
  • Cena and Punk have a match
  • Sheamus and Drew McIntyre BOTH jump to AEW

Imagine being told in 11/12 that within a 12 month period between 23-24 that Edge vs Christian, Punk vs Cena and Sheamus vs McIntyre will all be considered fresh and exciting.

Tony khan gets done with one of the women and then doesn't show up to court as he fears for his life in there.

Paul white gets one of the many aew belts.

Orange cassidy breaks his arm running the ropes in the wrong way that he does.

Mark henry breaks an ankle running the ropes when "training" someone.

Dean malenko has a heart attack with the stress of working with Tony day in day out.

Jerry lawyer guest appears as an announcer with jr on an aew ppv.

Billy gunns arms explode.

Turns out Rhea and dom were together in real life too, leading buddy to go on a murderous rampage.

Mega (or however you spell Tony khans lawyers name) becomes romantically involved with Jim cornette.

Russo comes back and books TNA. First show featured a pole match.

Shane grows a moustache like vince.

Nick gage dies in the ring being burnt to death.

Eric bischoff appears on aew TV and accidently calls it wcw. 

Mjf and may caster get married and lives happy ever after with mjfs cat piper.

• Paid Members

Ernest Miller's Bloodsport will steal WrestleMania week.

#NatureBoydy? and #WallsOfKidderminster? Will trend worldwide due to confusing fan chants heard during All In.

If Bray Wyatt's headlining the Hall of Fame, less than 25% of the paying audience who entered for the Smackdown just before will still be there.