Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

• Members

An absolute icon and one of those artists like Burt Bacharach that you just know when you're younger regardless of what kind of music you like.

Also inspiration for the worst lyric of all time from Eminem: "You heard of Kris Kristofferson? Well I am Piss Pissedofferson"

54 minutes ago, Statto said:

Just realised there's a wrestling connection there too - his son Jody was "Garrett Dylan" in NXT, and worked the indies after (seems to have hung up the boots in 2019). 

Yup, apparently Kristofferson was a semi-regular presence at NXT shows. Triple H reportedly had no idea Garrett Dylan (which seems like a nod to Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid, starring Bob Dylan) was his son. 

• Paid Members

I thought he was already dead.

Martin Lee from off of out of The Brotherhood Of Man has passed away at the age of 77.

BBC News - Brotherhood of Man singer Martin Lee dies aged 77

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cglk1zwdzey o

• Paid Members

NBA Hall of Famer Dikembe Mutombo, aged 58 from brain cancer. 

I've never really been a hoops guy, but if I had to name a favourite basketball player it'd be him, based on the fact I enjoyed that he was very tall & had a cool name when playing an NBA game on the PS1 in the late 90s. 

I'll remember him most for this fun commercial, though: