Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Nothing I can add to the posts above, a great actress and I also echo the love for A Woman Under the Influence, one of the best films I've ever seen.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Old school American talk show host Phil Donahue has died at 88.

Comedian Todd Glass used to do a fantastic impression of him, and later had an excellent gag about phasing it out as he became less of a household name.

"People sometimes ask me about when I decided to stop doing Donahue. I did a show one night, did the Donahue bit and not one person in the whole place laughed. I did for about another year after that". 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

John Clegg - 'Gunner' from It Ain't Half Hot Mum and Dad's Army

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1938341/bbc-dads-army-john-clegg-dies-tributes

Since your name change, has anyone called you the Tim Reaper? If not then that's what I'm doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

RIP to my close friend, Fatman Scoop.

On 12/28/2016 at 11:49 AM, Gus Mears said:

Spotted Fan Man Scoop leaving Greggs in Bath just this minute. Hasn't aged a bit, but instead of 'Droppin' tha mic' he was 'Stuffin' his gob' with a selection of baked treats. Looked like a steak slice from where I was sitting, although it could have been a festive bake.

• Paid Members

Everyone's favourite holographic crooner, Vic Fontaine in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, actor James Darren has passed at 88.

https://www.startrek.com/en-un/news/remembering-james-darren

Somewhere in my CD collection I have his album, "This One's from the Heart"  which was the songs he sang as Vic released under his own name.