Paid Members JLM Posted July 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2024 (edited) Yeah Ospreay's promo was only a bit underwhelming this week because he's set such a shockingly high standard. Also I promise I won't just spam the thread with big images but had to post this one as well. Tremendous: Edited July 12, 2024 by JLM Quote
andrew "the ref" coyne Posted July 12, 2024 Posted July 12, 2024 7 hours ago, Chili said: For all the Max Caster hate, here's 'The Iron Chic' already earning a wage. What's the story here? Why is a babyface wrestler shitting on a new signing? Quote
Guest Posted July 13, 2024 Posted July 13, 2024 10 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said: What's the story here? Why is a babyface wrestler shitting on a new signing? Caster is an edgelord on X. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 13, 2024 Posted July 13, 2024 I've been catching up on a few shows and has that nonce Justin Roberts always said "Samooa Jew" or is this a recent weird pronounciation? Quote
JimmyAnderson Posted July 13, 2024 Posted July 13, 2024 Swerve has to hold the title until WrestleDream, where he loses it to Hangman. It's in his hometown of Tacoma and I know that AEW are generally really good at giving people happy moments in their hometowns but a win for Page there would generate the greatest heel heat for him. "Who's house? My house" as he lifts the World Title above his head. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2024 8 hours ago, Duke said: Caster is an edgelord on X. There is that, but I also think it's a bit of a running joke too. There's been a few instances of Caster saying 'we don't want them' with people linked with AEW, I think it's just a 'bit' he does. Like the way he's claimed to have been suspended numerous times on X when in reality he hasn't. I think he's just a wind-up merchant. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted July 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2024 As cold as I am on him at the moment, I do like that any time someone posts a picture of their Max Caster figure he tells them not to buy the Bowens one. That’s what my brother would do if we were in a tag team and had action figures. Quote
Infinity Land Posted July 13, 2024 Posted July 13, 2024 This clip from an interview was going round yesterday in response. It was from an interview back in May. Basic idea is fair: "Why would I want someone new coming in when there's a finite amount of TV time and it's already a struggle". However, the way he goes about it shows why people find it easy to hate him. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2024 (edited) 2 hours ago, JimmyAnderson said: Swerve has to hold the title until WrestleDream, where he loses it to Hangman. It's in his hometown of Tacoma and I know that AEW are generally really good at giving people happy moments in their hometowns but a win for Page there would generate the greatest heel heat for him. "Who's house? My house" as he lifts the World Title above his head. If and when Hangman wins the title, I want him to be so consumed with hate that he can’t even take any joy from his victory - and to still obsess over Swerve, even though he’s technically already got his revenge. After winning his title if he does anything, I think it should be a brutal beatdown of Swerve, without even acknowledging the belt. Maybe he could stain it with Swerve’s blood or something and turn the bloody title belt into his ‘trophy’. Given how deranged he’s become, I’m not sure something as rational as closure should happen for him. Edited July 13, 2024 by RedTwoster Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2024 Look at that graphic. 10 out of 10. Can't wait for this. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted July 14, 2024 Posted July 14, 2024 14 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: I think he's just a wind-up merchant. Oh God he's one of those obnoxious 'Its all just bantz innit' types, isn't he? Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 15, 2024 On 7/14/2024 at 7:51 AM, LaGoosh said: Look at that graphic. 10 out of 10. Can't wait for this. For all the issues AEW have had through struggling to pivot at times, when they nail the stuff they've been building for so long, you can see why they struggle to let go of it. One particular reason it's landed so well is Tori's selling - even more than the physical pain, she's just distraught and heartbroken. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a sell-job like it. Astonishing stuff, and so painful to watch that it was difficult to separate from the performer. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 17, 2024 Author Posted July 17, 2024 I'm ready! We're eating good tonight. Apart from that twat at the bottom. Quote
Mr Butternut Squash Posted July 17, 2024 Posted July 17, 2024 A lot more star vs star matches recently. I'm liking it, last month has been their best run of shows in ages. Quote
Mr.Showtime Posted July 18, 2024 Posted July 18, 2024 That opening match was something else! I was sitting in the office trying to work but couldn't keep my eyes off it. There was a section towards the very end where the speed and intensity picked up for a minute or so, and I almost stood up and applauded, I could not believe they still had it in them! Worth watching without spoilers if possible. The post-match, the audience, the commentary all entertaining too. Except that bloody "Jones" stuff, I was sick of that almost immediately after they started doing it a while back. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.