Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was certain that Kyle was going to beat Cole to extend that story further, so I'm pleased that we seem to be getting to the denouement now, though I am expecting a devil mask to appear as the Undisputed Kingdom turn on Cole, thus continuing their own personal, stupid, awful vortex.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Duke said:

I was certain that Kyle was going to beat Cole to extend that story further, so I'm pleased that we seem to be getting to the denouement now, though I am expecting a devil mask to appear as the Undisputed Kingdom turn on Cole, thus continuing their own personal, stupid, awful vortex.

I'm personally hyped for MJF & Cole to reunite and then have some matches with Taven & Bennett and then that building to say MJF/Cole Vs Roddy/Kyle for the soul of the Undisputed Era at like Revolution, chuck those ROH Tag Team Championships in there because they all have history, ya know, really spice things up.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm personally hyped for MJF & Cole to reunite and then have some matches with Taven & Bennett and then that building to say MJF/Cole Vs Roddy/Kyle for the soul of the Undisputed Era at like Revolution, chuck those ROH Tag Team Championships in there because they all have history, ya know, really spice things up.

No mystery this time. You're the devil.

Posted

Bobby Fish? Unless it's to finally answer how much fish could Bobby Fish fry if Bobby Fish could fry fish, I'm not interested.

Chris Jericho should stick the devil mask on. Resumes his hatred for MJF. Combines his vortex with Adam Cole's.

2025. The year of the Undisputed Learning Treera. You know it's all about the BOOOOO.

Posted

The only circumstance I will tolerate Bobby Fish on my screen is if he starts using this as his entrance theme:

 

Posted (edited)

Collision spoiler for something Dynamite related.

Spoiler

Toni Storm defeated Shazza McKenzie

 

Storm pinned McKenzie with Storm Zero. They shook hands at first. After the match, Storm grabbed the mic and said, “I never thought I’d get to say this, but Toni Storm is officially All Elite!,” obviously hinting at her mental struggle.

 

Edited by Chili
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

One of better shows in a while. Between last week and now this, there finally feels like a bit of momentum building.

Good crowd. No idea what happened, but that front five or six rows facing the hard camera were fucking great all night! Standing for almost everything, super loud and animated, it looked amazing and added to the entire show. God knows if it happened organically or if Tony gave them all a cheeky back hander, but it made all the difference. Felt like the early TNA shows, where they had that, “Pit,” of nutters, jumping and going mad for everything, convincing you things were hot even when they weren’t. Maybe that’s the future. Just take the seats out of that section going forward. Bring back the, “Bentley Bounce,” but make it the, “Big Bill Bounce.”

Brilliant angle with Christian and HOOK. Always love a skybox angle. Some brilliant bumps from Christian, being thrown across the bar.

I’m still not feeling The Death Riders angle. Fucking Dax Harwood jumping on board doesn’t help, either. Last thing I need is him Daxing about, talking about how AEW FEEDS HIS FAMILY or some shit. Boring bastard. Sooner this all ends, the better. I really felt it on this show. The Deathrider angle feels eerily similar to The Devil angle at this exact same time last year. This sludge you have to suffer through, hoping things will change in the new year. My only hope is that this isn’t still dragging on twelve months later, somehow worse than ever, like MJF vs. Adam Cole is.

Credit where it’s due. This was the best Adam Cole has looked in the ring since returning, but I attribute that mostly to Kyle. I’ve seen enough of all this shit. Kyle and Roddy should Quantum Leap out of the Devil Vortex, team up, and go for the belts. Remember when they were the best team in the world for a while in NXT? I’d take some more of that! That’s the Undisputed Era nostalgia worth exploring! Everything and everyone else involved in this feud belongs in the bin.

Adam Cole back to tanning with Sunny Delight, too. Neon shitarse.

Shame on all of you for bringing up Bobby Fish. Legend has it that if you say his name three times in front of a mirror, the old bastard appears out of nowhere and kicks out at 3.1!

Nice to see them playing into how inherently obnoxious Ricochet is. He’ll make a great flippy dickhead heel with the Hurt Syndicate. Great fun watching Brodie mash him up whilst it lasted.

Another New York Minute gets us one step closer to Jericho’s contract expiring with as little TV time as possible. Thank you, Tony! Keep the faith! We’re nearly there! (He’s going to re-sign the whopper, isn’t he?)

Bryan Danielson is alive! Yes! He has risen! Get that man on the Sting schedule already! Best of all time.

But yeah, seeing Bryan here really hammered home how The Deathrider angle never lived up to that first night. The great man died for nothing. ?

When does Darby plan on still climbing Everest? Isn’t it around April? Hopefully this is all over by then, Darby goes up the mountain as Champion, but then when he gets to the top Christian is waiting to attack and cash in. I don’t care if it’s real or not. Shoot it on a soundstage for all I care. I just want to see Christian dragging a ref up a mountain, hiding in the bushes, waiting to steal the belt. Contract never mentioned it had to be in the ring! That’ll be The Heist of the Century!

Fun, hard-hitting main event. Nice pop for Toni’s return, too. Felt big time. Like others have mentioned, I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with Toni not returning Timeless (Obsolete? Fleeting? Dated? Passé?).

With most of AEW’s current output, I wouldn’t have faith they know what they’re doing, but RJ City and Toni have done such a good job the last year or so that I have faith we’ll get a brilliant Two Faces of Toni run.

So yeah. Good show. Nice bit of momentum, with a guaranteed banger in Darby vs. Ospreay to look forward to next week. Good stuff. Hopefully we don’t get another week of Will doing the Zack Morris hair, though. Super distracting, Preppy!

Edited by Supremo
Posted

MJF/Cole is probably the least I have ever cared about an AEW feud. Wish both would piss off. 

Enjoyed the main event, even though the result was obvious and happy to see Storm back. I thought Thunder Rosa looked like a right pillock at ringside, though. 

At least Cardona is keeping Jericho busy and away from everyone else. Silver linings and all that. 

Big Brody King looked the business against Ricochet.

Osprey Vs. Claudio was fine. 

Hook/Christian stuff was very good but I'm honestly a little tired of The Patriarchy, as a group. 

Opening tag match was fun. 

7/10.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’m with you @Supremo, I had a lot of interest in the Death Riders when they started, and I know this is going to be some long term storytelling shit, but my interest has dipped weekly for it. It’s the devil storyline for me all over again. Just hope this one has a better conclusion.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 12/13/2024 at 6:14 PM, Chili said:

Collision spoiler for something Dynamite related.

  Reveal hidden contents

Toni Storm defeated Shazza McKenzie

 

Storm pinned McKenzie with Storm Zero. They shook hands at first. After the match, Storm grabbed the mic and said, “I never thought I’d get to say this, but Toni Storm is officially All Elite!,” obviously hinting at her mental struggle.

 

Spoiler

Would have been good if they did this match with the bunny to call back her real debut to add to the confusion

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...